- biography (75), poetry (74), spiritual philosophy (59), american history (52), harlem renaissance (47), race relations (45), african-american history (42), mysticism (38), essays (36), african-american literature (34), philosophy (29), anthology (29), american literature (25), classic world literature (25), poet of the angels (23), literary biography (23), history (23), writing (21), publishing (21), aberjhani (20), literature (20), sexuality (20), prophecy (20), editing (20), spirituality (19), Aberjhani (19), literary criticism (19), novel (19), Savannah poet (18), African-American History (18), African Americans (18), African-American authors (18), culture (18), shams of tabriz (17), literary fiction (17), jalaluddin rumi (17), whirling dervishes (16), journalism (16), poetry translations (16), Savannah author (16), fiction (16), metaphysical studies (15), autobiography (15), music (15), memoir (15), slavery (15), women writers (15), Savannah (14), authorship (14), multiculturalism (14), modern poetry (14), meditation (14), translations (14), Georgia (13), u.s. literature (13), french literature (13), world literary classics (13), clairvoyance (13), u.s. history (12), new age (12), translation (12), nobel laureate (12), new york city (12), twentieth century american authors (12), religion (12), writers of the harlem renaissance (12), france (11), the jazz age (11), short stories (11), Twenty-first century authors (11), American History (11), intellectuals (11), african diaspora (11), jazz (11), leadership (10), travel (10), Georgia writers (10), literary history (10), paris (10), psychology (10), african americans (10), dreams (10), mediumship (10), civil rights (9), world literature (9), georgia (9), Harlem Renaissance (9), african-american authors (9), southern literature (9), twentieth century authors (9), women poets (9), women authors (9), dead sea scrolls (8), interviews (8), executive style (8), responsible ethics (8), jazz age (8), (8), global villiage (8), business strategies (8), art (8), ceos (8), divine love (8), symbology (8), global village (8), education (8), language (8), science fiction (8), genius (8), sociology (8), modern fiction (8), new york (8), hispanic literature (7), systems of divination (7), personality analyses (7), prague (7), signifance of holidays (7), zarathustra (7), alexandre szekely (7), Famous Authors from Savannah-Georgia (7), angelic communions (7), white eagle (7), modern southern literature (7), racism (7), reference books (7), divination (7), personality types (7), essenes (7), international biogenic socieity (7), edmond bordeaux szekely (7), essene gospel of peace (7), biogenic living (7), roots of christianity (7), numerology (7), inspiration (7), etymology (7), history of numbers (7), aids (7), numbers as symbols (7), spirit guides (7), grace cook (7), out of body experiences (7), zend avesta (7), reincarnation (7), relationships (7), guardian angels (6), choice academic title award (6), archeosophy (6), cultural movements (6), asha (6), psychic communication (6), spiritual symbolism (6), human aura (6), festivals (6), holistic health (6), literary aesthetics (6), norma nilsson bordeaux szekely (6), astral planes (6), musical interpretations (6), georgia writers (6), romain rolland (6), u.s. fiction (6), cosmology (6), human rights (6), savannah (6), anthropology (6), karma (6), writers (6), james baldwin (6), african history (6), consciousness (6), metaphysics (6), quotations (6), parallel worlds (6), short fiction (6), fantasy (6), Barack Obama (6), war (6), sacred books (6), modern literature (6), holy communion (6), wisdom (5), preventive healthcare (5), letters (5), famous poets (5), alternative medicines (5), erotica (5), faith (5), memoirs (5), Flannery O'Connor (5), Black History Month (5), russian literature (5), African-American Authors (5), literary agents (5), encyclopedia (5), science (5), classic american literature (5), southern liteature (5), psychics (5), dictionraries (5), coming of age (5), Paris (5), banned books (5), Ta-Nehisi Coates (5), franz kafka (5), celebrated author (5), world history (5), made into movie (5), 21st Century Authors (5), cultural diversity (5), african-american music (5), African-American history (4), allen ginsberg (4), women's fiction (4), national book award (4), encyclopedia of the harlem renaissance (4), african american history (4), African-American Men (4), world literary classic (4), singers (4), lost generation (4), mass media (4), tourism (4), contemporary poetry (4), banned literature (4), women's history (4), blues (4), literary theory (4), social criticism (4), literary autobiography (4), nebula award winner (4), cultural criticism (4), magazines (4), paranormal phenomena (4), autobiographical novel (4), style manual (4), antiracism (4), photography (4), eastern philosophy (4), rock and roll (4), self help (4), New Orleans (4), artists (4), stories (4), encyclopedias (4), history of the jews (4), speculative fiction (4), love (4), vitamins (4), world authors (4), pan-african studies (4), interpretation of names (4), ruling passions (4), cycles and patterns of life (4), biographical profiles (4), cultural geography (4), grief (4), novels (4), a.r.e. press (4), indigenous cultures (4), edgar cayce (4), hugo award winner (4), pan africanism (4), historical fiction (4), magical realism (4), creative nonfiction (3), Love (3), National Poetry Month (3), writing resources (3), American literature (3), James Baldwin (3), literary classics (3), feminism (3), 20th century literature (3), surrealism (3), prison literature (3), political oppression (3), savannah poet (3), american expatriates (3), song lyrics (3), drama (3), global trade (3), literary awards (3), media centers (3), human migration (3), library of congress (3), contemporary history (3), teaching writing (3), nutritional supplements (3), art criticism (3), african-americans (3), reference book (3), marketing (3), historical documents (3), Sufism (3), contemporary authors (3), literary censorship (3), obscenity trials (3), change (3), copyrights (3)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors
- A Pearl of Wisdom and Enlightenment, African-American Fiction/Nonfiction, BBC Radio 3 Listeners, Biographies, Memoirs and Autobiographies, Book reviewers, Books on Books, Books that made me think, Editors, Researchers, Whatever, Jack Kerouac, Mystical & Spiritual, Poetry Fool, Proust, Writer-readers
- S'ha unit
- Oct 25, 2006
- Real Name
- About My Library
- My library is one that grew while I lived in many different places: colleges in Savannah, St. Petersburg, Fla.; Philadelphia; St. Paul, Minn.; and San Francisco; military and other travels all over the world. Call it an eclectic mix of biographies, spiritual philosophy, language dictionaries, history books, books I've written, books I wish I had written, French literature translations, Harlem Renaissance era reference titles, tons on my favorite poets such as Rumi, Langston Hughes, Jean Toomer, Rilke...
- About Me
- I am an author, poet, historian, artist, social justice advocate and all-around creative who loves humanity. My visual art can be found on Fine Art America and Pixels.com as well as on primary website: Black Skylark Literary Productions.
As an author, I am an advocate of principles championed by the PEN American Center and the Academy of American Poets. Take a quick survey of my catalog of published titles and you can see my books–– from the earliest to the most recent, including Encyclopedia of the Harlem Renaissance, I Made My Boy Out of Poetry, and Greeting Flannery O’Connor at the Back Door of My Mind––have long addressed topics now considered timely.
In light of clashes between National Guard troops and protesting citizens in cities like Portland and Chicago, it might feel strange to read this next sentence but here it is: Much of preparation for writing about the sensitive nuances of race relations came from my service as an Equal Opportunity Enforcement (EOE) officer with for the U.S. Air Force Reserves. The military at the time was very aggressive when it came to “leveling the playing field” and taking advantage of all of its human resources without factors like race, gender, or religion getting in the way. I was glad to assist in its efforts to eradicate bigotry and xenophobia. Doing so boosted by understanding of ways to achieve harmonious cross-cultural cooperation from just a theoretical consideration to a practical application.
Without that kind of basic framework, it would have been a lot harder for me to go from working on books like the encyclopedia and The Wisdom of W.E.B. Du Bois to editing the Civil War Savannah Book Series. Chances are I also would not have been very effective as a national cultural arts columnist for AXS Entertainment. And I certainly would not have developed the skills necessary to lead the previous online Creative Thinkers International community founded to ease the hysteria which followed the horror of 9/11.
Because what humanity still insists on calling “race” is only one variable of our much larger human condition, I have always worked within different genres to explore diverse issues beyond social or racial injustice. Relationships, spirituality, family life, travel, and literature itself all occupy important places in my writings.
Poetry, essays, and fiction allow writers to reshape painful realities into inspiring possibilities; the quotes from my work which readers share on their social media profiles indicate I’ve accomplished that. Within books like The River of Winged Dreams and Songs from the Back Skylark zPed Music Player, I have tried to achieve a meaningful balance between hardcore truths and poetic aspirations. All of this seems to be pushing my pen towards completing some works-in-progress for the stage and I am very curious to see how those turn out.
Harlem Renaissance Centennial 2020
- Pàgina d'inici
- Also On
- Autors preferits
- Aberjhani, Isabel Allende, Maya Angelou, James Baldwin, Honoré de Balzac, Coleman Barks, Jorge Luis Borges, Albert Camus, René Char, Annie Cohen-Solal, Rosemary Daniell, Junot Díaz, Henry Dumas, Ralph Ellison, William Faulkner, Aretha Franklin, Kahlil Gibran, Nikki Giovanni, Langston Hughes, Zora Neale Hurston, Franz Kafka, Dambudzo Marechera, Gabriel García Márquez, Toni Morrison, Anaïs Nin, Barack Obama, Ben Okri, Grace Paley, François Rabelais, Eugene B. Redmond, Sallie Ann Robinson, Jean-Paul Sartre, Suzanne Jackson, Susan L. Taylor, Jean Toomer, Luther E. Vann, Vaughnette Goode-Walker, Alice Walker, John Edgar Wideman, Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Preferits locals
Aberjhani ha valorat i afegit:
Aberjhani ha valorat, ha ressenyat, ha afegit:
- Interesting Library
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.