- La teva biblioteca (2,902)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors
- Ancient and Medieval Manuscripts, Ancient History, Archaeology, Classical Music, Cthulhu Mythos, Ebook, Evolve!, Free State Project (FSP) Readers, History: On learning from and writing history, I heart metadata, I Survived the Great Vowel Shift, Irish & Celtic Studies, Knights Templar, Libertarian and Market Liberals, Librarians who LibraryThing, LibraryThing in Irish, Medieval Europe, Metalsmithing and Jewelry, Mises Circle, Nordica/Baltica, Norse sagas, Pagan Knowledge, Science!, Steampunk, The Chapel of the Abyss, The Scepter'd Isle, medieval history of England, 500 to 1500 AD, translators read too
- S'ha unit
- Mar 26, 2006
- Real Name
- The Green Man
- About My Library
2008.July.28 - I am mostly working on adding more of my religion, history, psychology, archaeology, and fiction books into my catalogue.
Tags for books in my library are slowly improving. I have finished tagging around 1100, and the other 1700 are partially tagged. However, the majority of my collection mostly has placeholder tags to remind me to do it later... so browsing the collection by that method will not provide a lot of results. Searching by key words is more useful at the present time. (search button is at the top of the screen)
I have been helping out with translating LibraryThing into other languages. If you want to do the same, go here:
- About Me
- I have enjoyed this bit of old Irish advice for many years. It expresses one ideal set of traits that I like.
"O Cormac, grandson of Conn", said Carbery, "What were your habits when you were a lad?"
"Not hard to tell", said Cormac.
I was a listener in woods
I was a gazer at stars
I was blind where secrets were concerned
I was silent in a wilderness
I was talkative among many
I was mild in the mead-hall
I was stern in battle
I was gentle towards allies
I was a physician of the sick
I was weak towards the feeble
I was strong towards the powerful
I was not close lest I should be burdensome
I was not arrogant though I was wise
I was not given to promising though I was strong
I was not venturesome though I was swift
I did not deride the old though I was young
I was not boastful though I was a good fighter
I would not speak about any one in his absence
I would not reproach, but I would praise
I would not ask, but I would give
For it is through these habits that the young become old and kingly warriors."
-translator: Kuno Meyer
-source: Leabhar Bhaile an Mhóta; RIA MS 23 P 12, 275 foll., dated to the 14th century C.E.
Get Your Own Map View My Travel Map Here!
- Autors preferits
- Louisa May Alcott, Isaac Asimov, Marcus Aurelius, Jane Austen, Rachel Bromwich, Charlotte Brontë, Steven Brust, Jesse L. Byock, Orson Scott Card, Lewis Carroll, James E. Cathey, Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza, Tom Clancy, Tim Pat Coogan, Barry Cunliffe, Dafydd ap Gwilym, Richard Dawkins, Charles Dickens, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Umberto Eco, Patrick K. Ford, Patrick J. Geary, William Gibson, Iolo Goch, Stephen Jay Gould, Jacob Grimm, Vilhelm Grønbech, Robert A. Heinlein, Kenneth Hurlstone Jackson, Patricia Kennealy-Morrison, Simon Keynes, Thomas Kinsella, Thomas S. Kuhn, H. P. Lovecraft, Ramsay MacMullen, J. P. Mallory, Kuno Meyer, Geoffrey of Monmouth, Richard Morgan, Lotte Motz, John Julius Norwich, Alexandre Dumas, pere, Colin Renfrew, Kim Stanley Robinson, James C. Russell, Edward Rutherfurd, William Shakespeare, Patrick Sims-Williams, Neal Stephenson, Brian Stowell, Snorri Sturluson, Taliesin, Thomas Aquinas, Rudolf Thurneysen, J. R. R. Tolkien, Mark Twain, Kurt Vonnegut, Herwig Wolfram
- Biblioteca interessant
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.