- compelling (2), urgent (1), brilliant"you'll fall in love""tour de force""formal poetry at its best" (1), Absorbing (1), splashy floral romanticgaudy"he mutter spiffy" (1), "Mitford sina qua non"voyeuristic"pain of family life" (1), "excellent biography""riveting insights""beautifully written" (1), funny"drizzly November of the soul" (1), "London today""dysfunctional family"well-written (1), double dactylswitty eruditiona new poetic form (1), "cultural criticism""decline of education" (1), "wonderful formal poetry""sad (1), guide to romantic poetscritical analysis (1), "brilliant formal poetry""brilliant debut collection" (1), "Jane Austen spin-off""clever""actual wit" (1), "Nigel Strangeways""traditional British mystery" (1), historical novelexcitingbeautifully-written (1), Impressive literary debutsisters (1), exciting" (1), sesquipedalian (1), effervescent (1), inconclusive (1), movingeloquentpoignant (1), sprawlingmassive (1), Air Cello! (1), "Oh NOOoooo (1), engrossingliterate fiction (1), "remember you must die" (1), jumble sales (1), fine meat pies (1), muddled (1), "discouraging reality" (1), Witty stuff (1), grandiloquentrococo (1), Life at the "Bijou" (1), "first novel" (1), eruditewittyinformative (1), Mrs. Jewkes!"epistolary"dedicated pen-pal""Hands off! I'm writing a letter" (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- 18th-19th Century Britain, Anglophiles, Art is Life, Barbara Pym, BBC Radio 3 Listeners, Bloggers, Book Lovers Who Love Fountain Pens, BritWit, Canon, Cap City, Ohio, Crambo!, Education, Knitters Inc., LibraryThing Challenges, Literary Fiction, Loitering with Intent, Persephone Readers, Poetry Fool, Poets' Corner: Librarythingers, Readers Over Sixty, Snail Mail Readers, T.S. Eliot, Tea!, The Academy, The Globe: Shakespeare, his Contemporaries, and Context, The Great Gatsby, The Literati, Trollope lovers unite or fight, two inches of ivory, Underappreciated Books and Authors, Victoriana, Virago Modern Classics, Wallace Stevens
- S'ha unit
- Feb 26, 2007
- Sobre la meva biblioteca
- I don't have the space for the most capacious library in the world. I try to collect the works of good poets. I have just about everything written by Anthony Trollope. I don't worry about first editions; I don't want to own any books that I could not cheerfully part with.
- Sobre mi
- I read poetry and good fiction--I am inordinately amused by gentle irony but also like the bombastic and fustian mode. A well-written mystery can please me. I've read so many great writers that I am often exasperated by poor writing--not that I could write well. I am overwhelmed by the sheer brilliance of words and eternally grateful to those who can "articulate sweet sounds together". I spend much of my time in the 19th century. There's no reading but rereading, as they say.
I'm also on Steepster and Ravlery as Doulton.
- In the murky midst of the middle of nowhere.
- Pàgina d'inici
- També a
- Autors preferits
Connexions del membre
- Biblioteca interessant
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.