- to-read (741), romance (381), love story (293), summer reading list (229), romance novel (228), historical (224), fun (215), historical romance (214), NaNoWriMo (159), fiction (152), regency romance (152), regency (151), disney (142), disney comics (141), best fantasy (137), best fiction (137), books with pretty covers (135), comics (132), fantasy (130), comic books (129), donald duck (126), uncle scrooge (125), scrooge mcduck (125), graphic (122), Harlequin (120), humor (119), Harlequin romance (119), children (116), funny (115), kids books (115), graphic novels (114), chapter books (114), easy reader (114), paranormal romance (100), Must Read Classic Literature (99), 100 Greatest Books Ever Written (99), 1001 Books to Read Before You Die (99), love and romance (92), dark fantasy (89), romance novels (89), dark fantasy romance (89), young adult (88), paranormal love stories (84), English (82), picture books (78), books featuring vampires and or werewolves (71), contemporary romance (65), writing (65), creative writing (64), best books for writers (62), woman's fiction (62), carl barks (62), author help (62), Harlequin paranormal series (61), Harlequin romance novels (61), Harlequin books (61), Paranormal werewolf and vampire romance novels by Harlequin (61), Harlequin paranormal romance (61), Nocturne (61), Harlequin Nocturne (61), Harlequin Historical (59), series romance (58), science fiction (57), magic (55), fantasy fiction (53), fantasy romance (53), romantic stories (53), plot (52), ideas (52), writer (52), freelance writing (52), writers (52), mystery (49), love (48), romantic love story (48), magic and romance (48), own (46), sci-fi (46), romantic story (44), Historical romance (44), woman's romantic fiction (44), young adult romance (43), clean romance (43), sweet romance (43), animals (33), Detective and mystery fiction (32), faeries (32), who done it (29), slueths (29), cozy murder mystery (29), cozy mystery (29), murder mystery (29), cozies (29), reference guide for romance writers (28), series (28), rated g (27), early reader (27), young love (27), classic romance (27), young adult historical romance (27), ABC (27), sf (27), quick read (27), quick read romance (27), barbara cartland (27), writing how to (26), ABCs (26), best book for writers (26), Sweet Pickles (26), animal (26), Weekly Reader (26), Captain Kangaroo (26), writers reference (26), writing guides (26), Fiction (26), Picture Pages (26), writing tips (25), novel writing (25), publishing (25), writing love stories (25), romance writers guide (25), chapter book (25), how to write romantic fiction (25), how to write romance novels (25), how to write romance (25), how to write (25), short stories (24), horror (23), small press magazines (23), aliens (23), gothic (22), adventure (22), space opera (21), art (21), stories (21), Humor (20), Fantasy (20), writers block (20), sfbooks (20), sff (20), fairys (20), diplomacy (19), detective series (19), YA (19), ch (19), paperback (19), haunted house (18), creative (18), crafts (18), sewing (17), cat mysteries (17), Disney (17), cat murder mystery books (17), Uncle Scrooge (17), inspirational romance (16), Phyllis A. Whitney (16), Donald Duck (16), children's (16), Christian woman's fiction (16), Harlequin Love Inspired (16), inspirational fiction (16), inspirational woman's fiction (16), Harlequin Love Inspired Historical (16), g rated romance (16), artist (16), Harlequin Love Inspired romance (16), Christian fiction (16), Harlequin Love Inspired Historical romance (16), Faerie Tale Romance (15), imagination (15), Fairy Tale Romance (15), Fairy Tales Retold (15), sensual romance (15), Zebra Romance (15), Romance Novel (15), Zebra's Faerie Tale Romance Collection (15), how to guide (15), Walt Disney (15), youth (14), historical Christian romance (14), Joe Grey Mysteries (14), school (13), vampires (13), choose your own adventure (12), star ships (12), Bean Books (11), keith laumer (11), hand sewing (11), retief (11), space travel (11), best sci-fi ever (11), how to (11), Read (11), teens (10), Wayne Barlowe (10), alien (10), 2000 (10), graphic novel (10), Don Rosa (10), historical fiction (9), donut shop murder mystery books (9), bake shop mysteries (9), Harlequin Heartsong (9), Heartsong romance novel (9), retief series (9), donut shop (9), Harlequin Heartsong Presents (9), bake shop murder mystery books (9), donut shop mysteries (9), culinary murder mystery books (9), CDT (9), Heartsong Presents (9), wizards (9), England (9), childrens (9), Heartsong (9), cooking mysteries (9), Linda Jones (8), Sylvia Thorpe (8), harlequin romance novel (8), cross stitch (8), star trek (8), Janelle Taylor (8), children's book (8), harlequin historical (8), needlework (8), alien invasion (8), fashion design (8), harlequin romance (8), Linda Winstead Jones (8), embroidery (8), harlequin (7), depression (7), non-fiction (7), fiber art (7), unicorns (7), Claudette Williams (7), needlepoint (7), rpg (7), western (7), fashion (7), drawing (7), strange tales (7), dealing with depression (7), Zebra romance (7), 1993 (7), picture book (7), 1991 (7), Mira Stables (7), unicorn (6), Carl Barks (6), Fantasy and Science Fiction (6), Dungeons and Dragons (6), ghosts (6), space adventures (6), Zebra historical romance (6), rabbit (6), cat (6), childrens book (6), elves (6), Jeanne Williams (6), fantasy creatures (6), louise allen (6), dogs (6), Quaraun the Insane (5), sad elf (5), Moon Elf (5), unicorn porn (5), demisexual (5), Quaraun (5), bisexual wizards (5), lich lords (5), 1989 (5), 2004 (5), Regency Romance (5), gay wizards (5), near death experience (5), bunny (5), lgbtq (5), gothic romance (5), dreamscape (5), gay romance (5), transgender (5), 2011 (5), fae (5), surreal (5), Zebra Regency Romance (5), history (5), spelljammer (5), 1995 (5), 1982 (5), necromancer (5), lich (5), 1996 (5), elf (5), liches (5), paranormal (5), transgender romance (5), Moon Elves (5), gay elves (5)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- 1001 Books to read before you die, 50 Book Challenge, All Things New England, Alternative Fiction, AltPublishing, Animal Lovers, authors who read, Baker Street and Beyond, Banned Books, Biographies, Memoirs and Autobiographies, Birds, Birding & Books, Bloggers, Board Game Geeks, Boats and Sailing, Book Design!, Book Designers, Book Lovers Who Love Fountain Pens, Books and Mormons, Books that made me think, Broke!, Cartoons, Cats, books, life is good., Cheese!, Children of the Night, Children's Book Writers, Children's Literature, Choose Your Own Adventure-ers, Classical Music, Comics, Cook Book Collectors, Cookbookers, Cover Art, Covers, Doctor Who, Douglas Adams, Early Reviewers, Fairy Tales Retold, FantasyFans, Fiber Arts, Gamers, Gardening, Geeks-R-Us, Getting Published, Gospel Talk, Gothic Romance, Hitchiker's Guide to Good Books, Hobnob with Authors, Hogwarts Express, Homeschool Home Libraries, Homeschoolers, Homeschoolers who LibraryThing, I Love Jane Austen, Illustrated Books, Illustrators - non Anime, Immortally Drawn to the Vampire, Mainers, Manga!, Memoirs and autobiographies, Mermaids, Monthly Author Reads, Music to read by, Name that Book, National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo), Needlearts, New Wave Science Fiction and Fantasy, Non-Fiction Readers, Pagan Knowledge, Pagans inc, Phantoms of the Opera, Picture books, Published Authors - Marketing, Quilters & Co, Quilting, Rare, Old or Offbeat, Read YA Lit, Readers Against Struggling Through Books We Hate, Romance - from historical to contemporary, Sci-fi self publishers, Science Fiction Fans, Self-Published Authors, Sewing, SF, horror and Fantasy Romance, Short Stories, Squidoo Lensmasters on LibraryThing, Star Trek Books, Story-writing Co-Op, Taggers!, Tea!, The Witches of LibraryThing, Too Obscure, Treehuggers, Unique Library Thing Book Group, Used Books, Vampire Fiction, Vegetarians and vegans, Victoriana, Vintage children's and young adult books, Weird Fiction, Wicca, Writer's Brag and Rag Bag, Writer-readers, writersonlt, Writing ur OWN books, X-Files, Young Writers, Youth Writers
- S'ha unit
- Apr 24, 2007
- Nom real
- Wendy C. Allen
- Sobre la meva biblioteca
- I love Retief books by Kieth Laumer. One look at my library and you can tell! LOL!
Best author in the world is Don Rosa; also Carl Barks.
I own the Twighlight Manor Library, which has 10,000 +/- books, which sooner or later I'll get around to listing here.
In addition to my book collection, I also collect comic books. I have over 7,000 comics, about 90% of those are Disney/Dell/Gladstone/Gemstone and most of those being Uncle Scrooge. With Don Rosa listed as my fave author, was there even any question that Uncle Scrooge comics dominated my collects? I'll add those to this list too, once I get the time.
- Sobre mi
- Autistic author EelKat Wendy C Allen is Native American (Kickapoo & MicMac) & Scottish Traveller of Canadian decent. Her Autism limits her ability to speak verbally, but she makes up for this by writing a lot instead. EelKat lives in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, with a Chihuahua, a pigeon, a rabbit, and 13 rescued feral cats.
EelKat has been writing Satirical Dark Humor versions of Gorn, Gothic Horror, Monster/Alien Erotica, Space Fantasy, Science Fiction, Weird Tales, Strange Fiction, Absurdist Fiction, Redneck Romance/Erotica, and Bizarro short stories (often w/ LGBT themes and transgendered characters) since 1978. She is the creator of Friends Are Forever aka The Twighlight Manor Series (which spans more than 200 short stories) and it's spin off series:
The Chrystonite Chronicles
The Planet Ptarmagin Series
EelKat's Twisted Tales
The Alien Bible
Alien Vampires From Outer Space
In celebration of the 35th Anniversary of The Twighlight Manor Series, many stories from series are being released for the first time ever as ebook editions.
Between 1 to 4 stories will be released on Kindle each week throughout 2014.
You keep up to date on New Releases here: http://www.eelkat.com/BooksByEelKat.html
FROM THE AUTHOR:
I receive many questions concerning the titles of my stories, namely:
"Why are they so long?"
"What do they mean?"
"Is that spelled right?"
My titles are always descriptive of a theme in the story. My most popular book for example, is "Friends Are Forever", which is about an alien-vampire trapped on Earth, who marries a mermaid, who dies soon afterwards and he hires an alchemist to resurrect her. The whole thing is a disaster, the mermaid never gets resurrected, however the alchemist discovers a way to prevent people from dying and the alien-vampire uses it to keep all his friends alive, forever as more or less brainless zombie servants (slaves?), thus the title "Friends Are Forever".
Unfortunately, I've had readers see the title "Friends Are Forever" and think it was a girlfriendy-type-Chick-Lit and than get freaked out when they realize it's a grizzly splatter-punk serial killer slasher blood bath fit for a Robert Englund Gorn/B-Horror flick.
That book is Vol 1 of The Twighlight Manor series, and that always brings questions: from readers, editors, and publishers, who constantly bombard me with "it's Twilight Not Twighlight", thus why I created the website "Twighlight Not Twilight"... (UPDATE: As of January 2014 the site has been moved to a new location: http://www.eelkat.com/TwighlightManorSeries.html)fact is, I'm an editor's worst nightmare: I'm Scottish Traveller Gypsy of Nova Scotia descent, raised in a Quebec-French community, by my Native America (Kickapoo) and Gaelic-Scot grandmothers. The result is I use American, Canadian, French, Welsh, Scottish, and Gaelic spellings with a lot of wicked good Maine lingo tossed in and my characters talk in questions ending everything with "eh?" Needless to say my writing is NOT mass market friendly because of the highly localized cultural spellings and phrases such as Twighlight, Ptarmagin, Traveller, Colour, Dialogue, closing lights and opening TVs.
I'm constantly reminding editors "NO, NO, NO! That's not misspelled, it's an alternate cultural spelling. We Gypsies don't use American spellings! It IS supposed to be Twighlight not Twilight. I'm a Gypsy who writes Gypsy characters and I use proper and correct Gypsy spelling and grammar in my stories even though it's not proper and correct American spelling and grammar." Editors hate me.
RATINGS: Because The Twighlight Manor press publishes books for all reading levels, from Early Childhood to 21+ Mature Adult a rating system has been created and is applied to all books. Twighlight Manor Press books are rated as follows:
E: Suitable for all readers. Contains nothing that would be deemed offensive by most parents.
PG: Suitable for most readers, but contains minor situations which may require parental guidance.
T: Suitable for most readers, but may require parental guidance for readers under the age of 13. Contains fantasy violence and/or mild language.
T+: Suitable for most readers over the age of 16, but may require parental guidance for readers under the age of 16. Contains adult situations, language, intense violence, and/or sexual situations.
M: Suitable for most readers over the age of 21, but NOT SUITABLE for readers under the age of 18. Contains adult situations, intense violence, and/or explicit sex scenes.
LGBT: Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and/or transgendered characters are present in this story. In most instances this means there is a M/M relationship between a male character and a male-to-female transgendered character, usually if you see the LGBT tag on a Twighlight Manor Press book, that means one of the primary characters (often the main character) is bi-sexual male-to-female transgendered. This label is not a rating and may be applied to any rating E - M. This label does not imply sex scenes unless an EROTICA, BDSM, MONSTER SEX, or GORN label is also applied.
GORE: Additional warning for readers who are sensitive to graphic depictions of bloody violence. This T/M-rated story contains strong and explicit graphic violence and grizzly gore.
EROTICA: Additional warning for readers who are sensitive to graphic depictions of sex. This M-rated story contains strong and explicit sex scenes.
BDSM: Additional warning for readers who are sensitive to graphic depictions of slave/master bondage/torture sex fetishes. This M-rated story contains strong and explicit sex scenes .
MONSTER SEX: Additional warning for readers who are sensitive to graphic depictions of sex with non-human entities (in most cases aliens and/or vampires). This M-rated story contains strong and explicit sex scenes .
GORN: Additional warning for readers who are sensitive to graphic depictions of bloody violence AND explicit sex. This M-rated story contains strong and explicit graphic violence and grizzly gore. May also contain strong substance abuse, and/or explicit sex scenes.
For more information and complete details of what this rating means, you can see TMPress' complete Rating System Chart here: http://www.eelkat.com/BookRatings.html
- Old Orchard Beach, Maine, USA
- Pàgina d'inici
- També a
- Autors preferits
- Douglas Adams, Wendy C. Allen, William Arden, Nancy Arrowsmith, Robert Arthur, Jane Austen, Carl Barks, Peter S. Beagle, James Scott Bell, James Blish, M. V. Carey, Lewis Carroll, Barbara Cartland, Bruce Coville, Roald Dahl, Erich von Däniken, Lori Devoti, Walt Disney Productions, Walt Disney, Arthur Conan Doyle, Brian Froud, Floyd Gottfredson, Simon Haynes, Jim C. Hines, Alfred Hitchcock, William Van Horn, James Howe, Caryl Koelling, Keith Laumer, Lois Gladys Leppard, Gaston Leroux, C. S. Lewis, R. A. Montgomery, Peyo, Edgar Allan Poe, Dan Poynter, Don Rosa, J. K. Rowling, Romano Scarpa, Linda Seger, Dr. Seuss, A. C. H. Smith, Robert Louis Stevenson, Phoebe Atwood Taylor, H. G. Wells, E. B. White, Alan Young
Connexions del membre
- AnneMCarpenter, bryancassiday, ChristineNolfi, clothingoptional, DarkFaerieTales, donaldist, droupou, FCEtier, FunnyGrampa, Harry_Vincent, hblackwood, InkToYou, IsmittaFolami, JamesRollins, janmoran, jennafern, JohnnyAllen, jonvw, K4tja, LisaShapter, MDennison, monstermike, NicoleZ, Oldude59, penrefe, rahmama, rejeanpellerin, roxannerhoads, Salomo, saruwine, scifichick, scribe77, SimonHaynes, surly, syaffolee, Tiddledeewinks, Tiina1978, Tim-my, usagi, WeHomeschool, WilliamJKenney, Wolfsong
- Biblioteca interessant
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.