- Totes les col·leccions (4,303), Books from a Completed Continuing Series (6), Why, oh why? (1), Sent to Siberia (49), Read (1,708), Next Purchase! (5), Headed for Siberia? (152), Keepers (1,062), To Be Re-Read (74), Used to be in my library (93), Non-Fiction (1,458), Fiction (2,502), Culled (91), Books I Am Planning To Borrow From The Kindle Library (1), Christmas Swap Wishlist (10), Google Books (10), Folio Society (11), Continuing Series (1,016), eBooks (27), Books I am Planning to Take out of the Public Library (352), Audio Books (135), Recommended by someone on LT (665), Gone on Sabbatical (14), Gave Away (35), Kindle (194), The Kingdom of Meh (55), The Bad, The Vile and The Worst (33), Loaned out (7), Wishlist (1,250), La teva biblioteca (2,325), Llegint actualment (14), Per llegir (757), Llegit, però no el tinc (307), Preferits (173), Recovered books (2)
- Fiction (2,502), Non-Fiction (1,516), Continuing Series (1,060), TBR (789), Not Mine (319), Historical Fiction (301), History (297), Fiction - Historical Fiction (241), Gift (237), Kindle (188), Mystery (184), They Made A Movie From It (166), 19th century (161), American Civil War (152), Fantasy (152), Fiction - Classic (145), Classic - English (140), borrowed from the NBFPL (125), Fiction - Mystery (123), Fiction - Fantasy (114), Memoir (100), England (99), Audio Book (87), Reference (86), Literature (86), 18th century (84), America (77), Borrowed from Overdrive (77), Classic - American (76), Donated (70), Biography (65), NY Times Book Review (62), France (57), The Kingdom of Meh (52), 17th century (50), Non-Fiction - History (50), Scotland (47), Children's (44), Non-Fiction - Memoir (43), Early Reviewer (42), Book Club (41), WWII (37), True Crime (36), rec by Chatterbox (36), Cooking (35), Audible.com (34), Horror (34), rec by Smiler69 (33), rec by susanj67 (31), Hamish MacBeth (31), Fiction - Horror (31), Crime (31), rec by cameling (30), Donated to Wilks Branch Library (30), 20th century (30), History - Social (30), Cozy Mystery (29), Major/Important Battles (28), Social History (28), Fiction - Cozy Mystery (28), YA (27), Humor (26), Historical Romance (25), rec by richardderus (25), Suspense (24), rec by alcottacre (24), Romance (24), rec by TrishNYC (24), Hercule Poirot (23), rec by Chatterbox - List 2 (23), New England (23), Fiction - Children's (23), ultb (22), rec by Whisper1 (22), French Revolution (21), Religion (21), from Westport (21), Dysfunctional Families (21), Fiction - Crime (21), Massachusetts (21), Short Stories (21), Disaster (21), Non-Fiction - Biography (21), Slavery (20), rec by Chatterbox - List 3 (20), Animals (19), Commissario Brunetti (19), Richard Sharpe Books (19), Historical Fiction/Mystery (19), Fiction - Romance (18), Murder (18), London (18), American Indians (18), Omnibus (18), British Navy (17), Wellington (17), Fiction - Humor (17), BAC (2015) (17), Science Fiction (17), Virginia (17), Classic (17), Specialty Cookbook (17), Fiction - Suspense (17), Fiction - Historical Fiction/Mystery (17), Travel (16), Fiction - Historical Romance (16), Dystopian (16), Colonial America (16), Napoleon (16), Vampires (16), Antiques (16), Classic - French (16), Fiction - Science Fiction (15), rec by - everyone (15), WWI (15), American Revolution (15), American West (15), found on Chatterbox's thread (15), 16th century (15), Cats (15), Stephanie Plum (15), Cooper-Hewitt Museum (15), rec by sibyx (14), rec by susanj67 - Group 2 (14), Western (14), Lynley/Havers Mysteries (14), Borrowed from Libby (14), Essays (14), Africa (14), Canada (13), Spain (13), India (13), Social (13), Fiction of the Very Worst Kind (13), BAC (2016) (13), They Made A TV Series From It (12), Alan Lewrie Naval Adventures (12), rec by Paul Cranswick (12), rec by msf59 (12), Peninsular War (12), Non-Fiction - True Crime (12), Language (12), Companion Novel (12), Pulitzer Prize (12), Death (12), Medicine (12), Elinor Frolio Library (12), rec by susanj67 - Group 7 (11), Over-sized Book (11), Women's Lives (11), American Cities (11), Fiction - Western (11), How To (11), Outlander (11), Poetry (11), Politics (11), Fiction - YA (11), rec by susanj67- Group 4 (11), Roxanne Coady Podcast (11), Folio Society (11), New Orleans (11), History - America (10), Fiction - Companion Novel (10), King Arthur (10), ARC (10), Ireland (10), Australia (10), rec by susanj67 - Group 5 (10), Fiction - Dystopian (10), Inherited (10), rec by Chatterbox - List 4 (10), rec by souloftherose (10), rec by souloftherose - Group 2 (10), They Made A PBS Mini-Series From It (10), China (10), rec by Chatterbox - List 5 (10), Biography (American Civil War General) (10), rec by susanj67 - Group 9 (10), rec by susanj67 - Group 8 (10), Biography (English Writer) (10), History - True Crime (10), rec by chatterbox - List 7 (10), Europe (10), rec by susanj67 - Group 6 (10), rec by Chatterbox - List 6 (10), Boston (10), Russia (10), Richmond VA (10), New Jersey (9), Italy (9), Time-Travel (9), rec by susanj67 - Group 3 (9), They Made More Than One Movie From It (9), rec by suslyn (9), Venice (9), Epistolary (9), Classic - Scottish (9), The Story of Civilization (9), Regency (9), History - Scotland (9), Hannah Swenson (9), found on charl08's thread (9), borrowed from Jeanne (9), CAC 2016 (9), Exploration (9), Armand Gamache Mysteries (9), Signed (9), Miss Marple (9), Fiction - Classic Mystery (9), PW (9), History - Disaster (8), History - The Story of Civilization (8), rec by TadAD (8), Animal Memoir (8), Reconstruction (8), borrowed from Jean (8), rec by FlossieT (8), found on souloftherose's thread (8), Recipes (8), found on susanna.fraser's thread (8), Gettysburg (8), Ancient Britain (8), rec by charl08 (8), Trump (8), Benjamin January (8), rec by Chatterbox - List 8 (8), Marriage (8), Non-Fiction - Disaster (8), Harry Potter (7), e-book (7), found on susanj67's thread (7), Special Shelf (7), Whaling (7), Fairy Tales (7), Not Good (7), Journal (7), rec by susanj67 - Group 10 (7), War (7), Poverty (7), Necroscope (7), 18th and 19th centuries (7), Families (7), Union Army (7), Oprah's Book Club (7), Family Saga (7), Plymouth Colony (7), Antebellum South (7), Lois Meade Mystery (7), rec by souloftherose - Group 3 (7), Hundred Years War (7), Wales (7), History - American West (7), Google Book (7), rec by Cariola (7), The Saxon Tales (7), ebook (7), rec by lunacat (7), Maine (7), New Bedford (7), Biography (English King) (6), audio book (6), Humorous (6), The Terror (6), New York City (6), Hank the Cowdog (6), History - England (6), English Civil War (6), Coffee Table Book (6), Favorites (6), Natural History (6), Dogs (6), Ancient Rome (6), Non-Fiction - Travel (6), Quakers (6), 15th century (6), Art (6), Germany (6), Christmas (6), Science (6), Old West (6), Chet and Bernie (6), Non-Fiction - Social History (6), Dublin Murder Squad (6), American South (6), Deborah Knott Mysteries (6), Rec by susana.fraser (6), My 6th Thingaversary Book (6), Classic - Canadian (6), Dysfunctional Marriage (6), Farming (6), Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch (6), Non-Fiction - Science (6), rec by blackdogbooks (6), rec by akeela (6), A Song of Ice and Fire (6), Fantasy of the Very Best Kind (6), Currently Reading (6), Castles (5), Portugal (5), pub. 2016 (5)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- 50 Book Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2008, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, All Things Cricket, All Things New England, American Revolution & Founding Fathers History, Awful Lit., Club Read 2011, Folio Society Devotees, Go Review That Book!, Group Reads - Literature, Historical Fiction, Monthly Author Reads, Name that Book, Non-Fiction Readers, Playing games and solving puzzles, Reviews of Early Reviewers Books, Reviews reviewed, Unique Library Thing Book Group, What Are You Reading Now?
- S'ha unit
- Apr 8, 2007
- Sobre la meva biblioteca
- Books, books, books! At Christmastime and birthdays, no one in my family bothers to ask me anything but what titles I want this time around. I'm the easiest person in the family to buy for. Some years I get every single one on the list! To me there is nothing better than the getting of books. The days when the big boxes from Scholastic showed up are just about my only good memories from grade school. Daddy's flashlight always disappeared on those nights. I just couldn't go to sleep with all those unread books in the house.
Most of the books in my library are ones I have collected. A few of them belonged to my parents, (that explains the coffe table books - my father loved coffee table books), grandparents and - in the case of a very few - great grandparents. In general, once I've acquired it, I cannot bear to get rid of a book which would explain a few of the very rotten ones that appear here. One time I did dispose of a book about vampires in S.E. New England in which the author appeared to be so desperate for things to write about that he actually used up a paragraph or so describing the upholstery on the chairs in the library where he was supposed to be doing research.
I love historical fiction and history, but I'm not really picky. I've got a few poetry books, but I must confess that I don't really like poetry much at all. I've got a number of odd little books that people seem to beleive that I must have strictly because they are about cats and I have a cat. (I have a car but I don't want any books about automobiles.) Nevertheless I will probably always keep the cat books. And the poetry books. And the coffe table books.
I don't much care about the condition of a book when I'm in a buying mood - which is almost all of the time - just so long as there isn't any actual blood or barf on or in it. The neatest thing I ever discovered in a book that I bought was the unexpected autograph of the author - one of my favorites - Nigel Tranter. I was very thrilled. The strangest thing I ever found in a book was a cash register receipt belonging to the original purchaser of the book WITH HIS ENTIRE MASTERCARD CREDIT CARD NUMBER printed on it!!! I hope that the bookstore in the Edmonton International Airport has since changed this feature.
I've tried to rate most of my books. The ones that I have not are ones that 1. I haven't read yet or 2. ones that I read so long ago I can't quite recall what it was that I thought about them at the time. Probably some of the ratings are a bit over-generous and I may re-think them at some future point. There are some books tagged Not Mine that are, well, not mine - ones I read at the urging of friends or family but that I don't want to own.
Here is the link for my 2011 75 Book Challenge thread: http://www.librarything.com/topic/104720
- Sobre mi
- Southeastern Massachusetts
- Ara mateix l'estic llegint
- The Joy of Politics: Surviving Cancer, a Campaign, a Pandemic, an Insurrection, and Life's Other Unexpected Curveballs de Amy Klobuchar
- Autors preferits
- Tracy Chevalier, Bernard Cornwell, George Eliot, John R. Erickson, Lynn Flewelling, Diana Gabaldon, Elizabeth Gaskell, Parke Godwin, Barbara Hambly, Thomas Hardy, Cynthia Harrod-Eagles, Dewey Lambdin, Louise Penny, Nathaniel Philbrick, John Prebble, Judith Merkle Riley, Mari Sandoz, Tom Rob Smith, Josephine Tey, Nigel G. Tranter, Barbara W. Tuchman, James Welch
- Preferits locals
Connexions del membre
- Biblioteca interessant
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.