- Totes les col·leccions (455), Own (267), 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (72), Abandoned (5), Audiobook (15), Classics (120), Cookbooks (8), Essays (3), Fantasy (96), Fiction (371), Graphic Novel (7), Historical Fiction (8), Horror (57), Mystery (8), Nonfiction (29), Novellas (2), Plays (19), Poetry (27), Llegit, però no el tinc (32), Read (91), Reference (9), Science Fiction (41), Short Stories (31), Thriller (7), Per llegir (120), Used to Own (76), Youth Fiction (43), Llista de desitjos (86)
- Fiction (371), Own (255), Classics (119), To Read (112), Fantasy (92), Read (87), Wishlist (86), Used to Own (77), 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (71), Horror (58), Youth Fiction (43), Science Fiction (41), Read but unowned (33), Short Stories (33), Nonfiction (29), Poetry (27), Plays (19), Audiobook (13), Gave to BM (11), Memoir (9), Sword of Truth (8), Historical Fiction (8), Cookbooks (8), Reference (8), Mystery (8), Vampires (7), Dystopia (7), Music (7), Thriller (7), Favorites (7), The Dark Tower (7), Harry Potter (7), Polar Exploration (6), Arctic (6), Sookie Stackhouse (6), Northwest Passage (5), Knitting (5), Abandoned (5), The Dark is Rising Sequence (5), Graphic Novels (4), Biography (4), Crochet (4), Franklin Expedition (4), Nebula Winner (4), Alanna of Trebond (4), Hercule Poirot (4), Mistborn Trilogy (3), Essays (3), Graphic Novel (3), LotR (3), SantaThing 2009 (2), Gentlemen Bastards Sequence (2), Fantasy Fiction (2), Antarctic (2), Magids (2), Postmodernism (2), Novellas (2), Hainish Cycle (2), Chinese Literature (2), Dalkey Archive (2), Mental Disorder (2), Discworld (2), Health (2), To read (2), Used To Own (1), World War II (1), Percy Jackson (1), Fairy Tales (1), Gave to LT member (1), Member Giveaway (1), Hugo Award (1), Man Kzin Wars (1), Franklin Exploration (1), Recommended by blackdogbooks (1), Recommended by rebeccanyc (1), Ued to Own (1), Recommended by alcottacre (1), Omnibus CoN (1), The Book of the New Sun (1), Pirates (1), Night Angel Trilgoy (1), ER Book (1), Dog Training (1), Audiobooks (1), Asperger's syndrome (1), Refernce (1), Magical Realism (1), Alice in Wonderland (1), Crocheting (1), Environmental Issues (1), Used to own (1), Autism (1), Autobiography (1), Ringworld (1), African American (1), Hugo Winner (1), Dream Park Series (1), Folk Tales (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- (BOMBS) Books Off My Book Shelves 2012 Challenge, 100 Books in 2012 Challenge, 2013 Category Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, Arthurian Legends, Author Theme Reads, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Classical Music, Club Read 2011, Dalkey Archive, Dystopian novels, Graduate Students, I Love Jane Austen, Literary Snobs, North and South Poles, Philosophy and Theory, Poetry Fool, ROOT - 2013 Read Our Own Tomes, TBR Challenge, US Presidents Challenge (USPC), Writer-readers
- S'ha unit
- Feb 17, 2009
- Real Name
- About My Library
- My library is full of books I love. I'm trying to buy less and use the library more because I'm a poor, poor person, so most of the books I actually own are favorites that I love to read and reread with a few unread books by favorite authors that I'll know I'll love. I recently donated a bunch of books, so I'm still in the process of updating my library to reflect what I actually own.
When I rate a book, I rate it within it's own genre. I don't expect a book by Scott Lynch to have the same speaking power as a book by Charles Dickens, but it's likely they have the same rating.
A brief explanation of my tags:
Own: I own these books, regardless of whether or not I have read them.
Read: These are the books I own and have read.
To Read: These are the books I own, have not read, but want to read and will eventually get around to it.
***Note: I do not mark collections of poetry as "Read" or "To Read" for the simple fact that I don't read them straight through but rather prefer to dip into them, savoring a poem here or there. To read them like a work of fiction takes away from their beauty and strength, I think.
Read But Unowned: I either borrowed these from the library or a friend and have read them.
Wishlist: I do not own these, have not read them, but really really want to.
Used To Own: I used to own these book and have read them, but for some reason or another I got rid of my copy (likely because I didn't like the book or didn't consider it rereadable and needed the shelf space).
Abandoned: Self explanatory, but these are really bad books that I couldn't finish. I would never recommend these books to anyone.
On Hiatus: Books that are okay and at some point, I plan on finishing but for the moment, I don't really feel like reading them.
Omnibus: I have a few books which are actually volumes of two or more books (for example: I have all of The Chronicles of Narnia in one volume). I like to review, but that has to be done for each book separately. If there's an Omnibus tag, it means the book is part of a bigger volume. There's a "code" after the word Omnibus (usually just an acronym of the series title - Chronicles of Narnia would be labeled as "Omnibus CoN") so if you want to know what volume it is in, match it up using this "code".
...and a quick explanation of my starring system:
5 stars - Hella fantastic and recommended for everyone! I found very few to no flaws.
4.5 stars - So close to being perfect but not quite there.
4 stars - Really good but I didn't love it. I really liked it though :)
3.5 stars - It wasn't that great but I guess it does have some redeeming qualities. I might try and attempt a reread in the future.
3 stars - Recommended if you're a fan of the genre or the summary strikes your fancy. I found it decent but thought there were some major faults. I don't regret reading it, but I regret buying it.
2.5 stars - I had to force myself to finish it.
2 stars - I didn't like it and I probably didn't finish it. Not recommended. Read at your own risk.
1.5 stars - I'm not quite sure how this got published. Definitely abandoned. Not recommended.
1 star -What an utterly awful, disgusting, meaningless piece of garbage. Reserved only for the worst of the worst.
.5 stars - In an act of self preservation, I have wiped the memory of this book from my mind. I have repressed the memory of attempting to read it and remember nothing about it. You'll have to read my angry review to know how I felt about this book.
I try to write a good, detailed review for every book I read. It's more for me. I like to be able to go back and read exactly what I thought about a particular book. If it helps someone else out too, then woot!
- About Me
- I'm a twenty-five year old English grad student. I also teach at the university I'm taking classes at. When I have free time, which isn't often, I read. I think it would be fantastic to be a librarian and run my own library some day. Short of that, maybe owning a bookstore would be nice. Preferably a used one, as I love used books.
I tend to read multiple books at the same time because I'm always in a different mood and hate having to finish a book before I can start another one. It just makes me mad at the book I'm currently reading and it's never fun to be mad at reading :(
- United States
- Pàgina d'inici
- Also On
- Autors preferits
- Preferits locals
Biblioteques: University Libraries - University of South Dakota
RebeccaAnn ha valorat i afegit:
RebeccaAnn ha valorat i afegit:
RebeccaAnn ha ressenyat, valorat i afegit:
- Interesting Library
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.