- Totes les col·leccions (16,261), La teva biblioteca (11,991), Per llegir (1,776), Preferits (13), Need to Buy (12), PBS/Given Away (193), Llegit, però no el tinc (15), The BlackHole (3,964), DPL (514), GCL (182), OverDrive (11), SPL (499)
- not-available-yet (2,947), dpl (463), General Fiction (419), Police/Detective (342), Historical Fiction (272), Cozy Mystery (261), Fantasy (204), gcl (172), Audiobook (163), Science Fiction (130), Historical Mystery (103), spl (88), Thriller (84), Romantic Suspense (83), maine (80), Young Adult (78), General History of Europe (75), Biography (70), Classics (64), Juvenile Literature (63), Series Romance (58), Mystery (55), Criminology (51), Suspense (46), Short Stories (30), Food & drink (28), Food and Drink (28), General History of North America - United States (27), History of Europe (23), Paranormal Romance (21), Steampunk (17), Geography and Travel (17), English and Old English literatures: English fiction (16), Contemporary Romance (15), Historical Romance (15), Graphic Novels (15), netldc (14), English Fiction (13), History of North America - United States (12), Reading (12), World History (12), use of other information media (12), Promotion of Health (11), Athletic & outdoor sports & games (10), Essays (10), American Literature in English: American fiction in English (9), North America (8), insignia (8), General History of Asia - Southeast Asia (8), History of Ancient World - Egypt (8), The Book (8), History of Ancient World (8), Bible (8), General History of Europe - British Isles (8), returned-unread (7), Reading & use of other information media (7), Other social problems & services (7), practice (6), Christian experience (6), Anthology (6), Paranormal Fiction (6), life (6), Classic Juvenile Literature (6), Juvenile Fiction (6), Ancient World (6), Europe (6), General History of Europe - England & Wales (6), Diseases (6), Devotional Literature (6), Bibliographies (6), Horror (6), Law (5), Social welfare problems & services (5), Incidence & prevention of disease (5), Other areas (5), Music (5), French Fiction (5), English & OId English literatures (5), Miscellaneous Writings (5), Genealogy (5), American Fiction in English (5), English & Old English Literatures (5), English Poetry (5), American Literature in English (5), English Drama (5), Historical (4), Geology (4), Education (4), Military Science (4), Kindle (4), Food & Drink (4), Public performances (4), Vocal Music (4), General History of North America - Western United States (4), Culture & institutions (4), American fiction in English (4), General History of Asia - China & adjacent areas (4), Christian theology (4), Asia (4), persons treatment (4), History (4), Social Groups (4), Internal Commerce (Domestic Trade) (4), General History of North America - Canada (4), Political Science: International Relations (4), General History of North America - Northeastern United States (3), Personal Health and Safety (3), East Indo-European & Celtic (3), Personal Health & Safety (3), Pacific Ocean islands (3), Atlantic Ocean islands (3), French and related literatures: French fiction (3), English miscellaneous writings (3), Geography of & travel in Europe (3), Geography & Travel - Other Areas (3), History of Europe - Eastern Europe; Russia (3), Geography & Travel (3), Bibliographies of works from specific subjects (3), Arctic islands (3), General History of Africa - Central Africa & offshore islands (3), Rhetoric & Collections of Literature (3), Civil and Political Rights (3), Non-Semitic Afro-Asiatic Literatures (3), General History of Europe - Central Europe - Germany (3), Financial Economics (3), News media (3), Rhetoric & collections of literature (3), Anthology - Romantic Suspense (3), Texts of Sermons (3), General History of Africa (3), Anthology - Romance (3), Political Science (3), Natural History (3), meteorology (3), Jesus Christ & His Family (3), Alternate History (3), names (3), journalism (3), Antarctica (3), General Management (3), Christian Fiction (3), German Fiction (3), Poetry (3), Folklore (3), genealogy (3), areas (3), hydrology (3), Mystery Anthology (3), International Relations (3), Criminal Law (3), Miscellaneous writings (3), Philosophy & theory (2), Geography and History (2), Athletic and outdoor sports & games (2), English Miscellaneous Writings (2), General Libraries (2), Literary History & Criticism (2), Garden Crops (Horticulture) (2), General History of Asia - Central Asia (2), air (2), General Serials & their indexes - In English (2), General History of Africa - Egypt & Sudan (2), General History of North America - Great Basin & Pacific Slope (2), American essays in English (2), description (2), Economics of Land and Energy (2), Other Literatures: Literatures of East and Southeast Asia (2), and on extraterrestrial worlds (2), Water (2), critical appraisal of more than two literatures (2), History of Europe - Russia and neighboring east European countries (2), Memoir (2), Library and information sciences: Reading and use of other information media (2), Other literatures: East Indo-European and Celtic literatures (2), History of Europe: Germany and neighboring central European countries (2), General History of Europe - Germany & Neighboring central European countries (2), Groups of People (2), publishing (2), Social Theology (2), Devotional literature (2), Geography of and travel in North America (2), General History of Asia - South Asia & India (2), Literatures of Other Languages: East Indo-European & Celtic (2), Biography & Genealogy (2), Geography & Travel - Europe (2), General History of Europe - Italian Peninsula and Adjacent Islands (2), Incidence & Prevention of Disease (2), History of Other Areas - Australia (2), Processes of written communication (2), History of Ancient World - Greece (2), General History of Europe - Other parts of Europe (2), History of Ancient World - Italy & adjacent territories (2), History of Ancient World - Other Parts of Ancient World (2), space transportation (2), General encyclopedic works - American (2), General History of Europe - England (2), General History of Asia - Middle East (Near East) (2), Public Worship (2), Humor (2), School management; special education (2), Judaism (2), Africa (2), Athletic & Outdoor Sports and Games (2), Athletic & outdoor sports and games (2), Mental processes & intelligence (2), Poetic Books of Old Testament (2), General history of Europe (2), Social sciences (2), Arithmetic (2), South America (2), Other social problems (2), Italian Fiction (2), Comparative Religion (2), Spanish Fiction (2), Art History (2), Zoology (1), Home and family management: Meals and table service (1), Geography and Travel: Geography of and travel in North America (1), Biology: Natural history of microorganisms (1), Classical and modern Greek languages: Preclassical and postclassical Greek (1), phonetics of standard English (1), and book-related topics) (1), regional histology and physiology in animals (1), Short Story (1), Afro-Asiatic literatures (1), Writing Systems (1), History of Europe - Germany and neighboring central European countries (1), German and related literatures: Other Germanic literatures (1), Social problems of and services to groups of people (1), Other Literatures: Non-Semitic Afro-Asiatic literatures (1), History of Asia: Middle East (Near East) (1), Geography and Travel: Geography of and travel in Europe (1), research (1), medieval (1), Other religions: Judaism (1), related Greek philosophies (1), and Eastern philosophy: Sophistic (1), Science: Natural history (1), Chemistry: Chemistry and allied sciences (1), Geography and travel: Geography of and travel in Australasia (1), Plants:Specific topics in natural history of plants (1), Science: Natural sciences and mathematics (1), Biography & Genealogy: Biography (1), American Literature in English: American essays in English (1), Computer science (1), History of North America: South central United States (1), Geography of and travel in Australasia (1), Political science: Civil and political rights (1), Military and nautical engineering (1), Engineering: Other Branches of Engineering (1), History of North America - Northeastern United States (New England and Middle Atlantic states) (1), knowledge and systems: The book (writing (1), sociology and anthropology: Communities (1), History of Europe: France and Monaco (1), sociology and anthropology: Culture and institutions (1), Other Branches of Engineering (1), Literature (1), Nook (1), English dictionaries (1), New Testament (1), and publishing (1), Autobiography (1), Engineering (1), Library and information sciences (1), Geography of and travel in Africa (1), Computer programming (1), Writing system (1), Applied Psychology (1), History of ancient world to ca. 499 (1), Gibraltar (1), Culture and Institutions (1), phonology (1), Bermuda (1), Socratic (1), West Indies (1), algae (1), Pharmacology & Therapeutics (1), libraries (1), Language (1), History of ancient world (to ca. 499) (1), History of North America - Mexico (1), Memoirs (1), Dialectology & historical linguistics (1), Ancient (1), Central America (1), Painting: History (1), Other Literatures: Afro-Asiatic Literatures (1), Animals (Zoology) (1), Metrology & standardization (1), English & Old English (Anglo-Saxon) Languages (1), History - Philosophy & theory (1), General history of Europe - Iberian Peninsula & adjacent islands (1), Civil Procedure and Courts (1), Literature of Other Languages - East Indo-European & Celtic (1), Data Processing & Computer Science (1), Geography of & travel in Africa (1), Sculpture & related arts (1), Geographic Treatment (1), Stringed Instruments (Chordophones) (1), related topics of history (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- 75 Books Challenge for 2008, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, 75 Books Challenge for 2023, Amateur Historians, Ancient History, Asian Fiction & Non-Fiction, August Is Modern Fiction Month, Barbara Pym, Bestsellers over the Years, Bibliomysteries, Book Care and Repair, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, Books on Books, Club Read 2021, Cozy Mysteries, Disaster Buffs, His Wondrous Works to Behold, Holocaust Literature, Jude's Reading 2018, Military History, Non-Fiction Readers, Outlander: Gabaldon's series about Jamie and Claire, Reading Through Time, Tea!, The LibraryThing Mock Newbery and Caldecott, The Prizes, Travel and Exploration literature
- S'ha unit
- May 21, 2006
- Real Name
- Stasia Doster
- About My Library
The books listed in this account are the books I own and those that are in the BlackHole. My library and borrowed books can be found on my AlcottAcre777 account. I now have a third account under scdoster that are the books in my library listed as I am reading them.
My current thread:
"Strange, isn't it? To love a book. When the words on the page become so precious that they feel like a part of your own history because they are."The Starless Sea, Erin Morgenstern
"No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance." - Confucius
"Life being very short, and the quiet hours of it few, we ought to waste none of them in reading valueless books." - John Ruskind
"A library isn't just a library. It is a space ship that will take you to the farthest reaches of the Universe, a time machine that will take you to the far past and the far future, a teacher that knows more than any human being, a friend that will amuse you and console you--and most of all, a gateway, to a better and happier and more useful life." - Isaac Asimov in a March 16, 1971, letter to children at the newly opened Troy, Mich., public library
"A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors. - Henry Ward Beecher
"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all of the miseries of life." - W. Somerset Maugham
"Books are like truth serum — if you don’t read, you can’t figure out what’s real."Freak the Mighty, Rodman Philbrick
The more you are reading, the more you discover and know you want to read. That's when the melancholy kicks in, because you know you never will have time to read it all. - Freely translated from Norwegian by Bente (Apolline)
"A million candles have burned themselves out. Still I read on." - Montresor
"When something is bothering me, I seek refuge. No need to travel far; a trip to the realm of literary memory will suffice. For where can one find more noble distraction, more entertaining company, more delightful enchantment than in literature?" - The Elegance of the Hedgehog, Muriel Barbery
"Sometimes, while she was asleep, she read books in distant libraries." - The Hummingbird's Daughter, Luis Alberto Urrea
"To the whole world you may be just one person, but to one person you may just be the whole world.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." - No idea who said it, but I love it!
". . .there is indeed a heaven on Earth, a heaven which we inhabit when we read a good book." - The Haunted Bookshop, Christopher Morley
"To bring the dead to life
Is no great magic.
Few are wholly dead:
Blow on a dead man's embers
And a live flame will start." - Robert Graves
"I feel, holding the books, accomodating their weight and breathing their dust, an abiding love. I trust them." -The Girls, Lori Lansens
"[He] was seated beside her with a pocket edition of some classic author in his hand. He never went anywhere without some companion wherewith to improve his leisure moments: all time seemed lost that was not devoted to study . . ." - The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte
"In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired." - The Way"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." - Jorge Luis Borges
"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read." - Abraham Lincoln
"Your library is your paradise." - Erasmus
"It can never be satisfied, the mind, never." - Wallace Stevens
"I found that my mind wanted something craggy to break upon." George Gordon, Lord Byron
"A peace offering to a hungry mind" - Hope Summerall Chamberlain
"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence, from the suppressed introductory chapter of Seven Pillars of Wisdom"All books are divisible into two classes, the books of the hour, and the books of all time." - John Ruskind
My library is very eclectic. I just find a lot of things to be interesting, so I read all over the map. A lot of my books are not catalogued as I finally got them out of storage (after 3 years!) when we moved.
Create your own visitor map!
- About Me
Not a whole lot to say: I have been happily married for over 30 years to a great guy who puts up with my book buying with good grace. After homeschooling my 2 daughters, I decided to return to school myself, so in January of 2012 I began my studies at Bryant & Stratton as a paralegal studies major. I ended up transferring to a 4-year college and just recently finished up my degree.
- Sherman, Texas
- Also On
- Autors preferits
- Louisa May Alcott, Nicholas A. Basbanes, Charlotte Brontë, Geraldine Brooks, Bill Bryson, Willa Cather, Nicholas Christopher, Charles Dickens, Philip Dray, David Eddings, Anne Fadiman, Diana Gabaldon, Martin Gilbert, Helene Hanff, Thomas Hardy, Kent Haruf, Tony Horwitz, Alex Kershaw, Barbara Kingsolver, Mark Kurlansky, Erik Larson, Madeleine L'Engle, C. S. Lewis, William Manchester, W. Somerset Maugham, David McCullough, Vladimir Nabokov, Chaim Potok, Barbara Pym, Nora Roberts, Nevil Shute, Mary Stewart, Josephine Tey, Leo Tolstoy, Anthony Trollope, Barbara W. Tuchman
- Favorite Lists
- -Cee-, agatatera, akeela, akosikulot-project52, alaskabookworm, alcottacre777, allthesedarnbooks, anzlitlovers, attempter, BaileysAndBooks, beachnbook, bell7, Berly, Bklvrinva09, bohemiangirl35, BookAngel_a, brenpike, Bumpersmom, bunkie68, Byrappa, cal8769, callmejacx, cameling, Carmenere, cbl_tn, cerievans1, cgray0809, Chatterbox, Citizenjoyce, damejennylynn, dara85, debbaker, dianestm, Donna828, Eat_Read_Knit, eightambliss, ejj1955, elkiedee, fantasia655, FemmeNoiresque, ffortsa, Fourpawz2, GeneRuyle, GeorgiaDawn, Gerri007, girlfromshangrila, HayleyLouise, HelenBaker, humouress, jade605, JaneAustenNut, JaynePupek, jeanned, jjvors, jolerie, Joycepa, June, k8lovesbooks, karenmarie, kateleversuch, keidz, kgodey, kidzdoc, Kittybee, kmartin802, kurvanas, labfs39, LauraBrook, leperdbunny, LibraryOMidas, Lidbud, lindapanzo, littlebear514, LittleWish, LizzieD, London_StJ, LovingLit, maberry, maggie1944, mamachunk, Matke, MDGentleReader, megkrahl, Menagerie, MichelleAmanda, mldavis2, MonicaLynn, msf59, mstrust, MusicMom41, nancyewhite, nittnut, notoriousspinks, nsg0223, PaulCranswick, phoenix718, PiyushC, pokarekareana, profilerSR, QueenOfDenmark, rainpebble, richardderus, ronincats, rosalita, sally906, sandykaypax, scdoster, Sean191, seasonsoflove, Shijuro, SirStuckey, sjmccreary, sszkutak, suslyn, tapestry100, TerraBelle, thekoolaidmom, TheLibraryhag, thomasandmary, tloeffler, ToReadToNap, TrishNYC, tututhefirst, tymfos, veryan, Whisper1, WhiteRaven.17, witchyrichy, womansheart
- Biblioteca interessant
- alaskabookworm, alcottacre777, Ammianus, AnneDC, annesion, arubabookwoman, atimco, atozgrl, avaland, Bibliotropic, blackdogbooks, Booksloth, booksontrial, bradleyhorner, Cariola, cbl_tn, Chatterbox, chinquapin, Citizenjoyce, citizenkelly, cyderry, Deern, diana.gabaldon, digifish_books, dihiba, drneutron, elkiedee, elleayess, GeneRuyle, girlunderglass, harrygbutler, humouress, Joycepa, karenmarie, labwriter, Landshark5, LaurieRKing, LizzieD, LouisBranning, lycomayflower, mckait, MDGentleReader, meggyweg, msf59, MusicMom41, PaulCranswick, petermc, pokarekareana, richardderus, rocketjk, ronincats, SandyAMcPherson, Schmerguls, sibylline, stellarexplorer, Steve_Walker, TadAD, thatguyzero, theretiredlibrarian, TheTortoise, TinuvielDancing, tloeffler, tomcatMurr, ToReadToNap, torontoc, Trifolia, tututhefirst, urania1, usnmm2, varielle, VisibleGhost, Whisper1, WholeHouseLibrary, wookiebender, xorscape