- Totes les col·leccions (1,035), La teva biblioteca (936), Kindle (286), On Loan (5), Llegit, però no el tinc (94), Per llegir (30)
- 20th century literature (145), detective (123), fiction (99), gardening (67), history (51), short stories (50), 19th century literature (47), cookbook (42), biography (38), 21st century literature (36), non-fiction (34), ghost stories (30), philosophy (29), travel (28), computing (21), horses (19), nature (17), childrens (15), economics (15), humor (14), science (14), science fiction (13), math (11), poetry (10), art (10), reference (10), home (10), literature (10), sewing (10), africa (9), noir (9), fantasy (9), cooking (8), graphical design (8), running (8), engineering design (8), literary criticism (7), adventure (7), literary studies (6), memoir (5), dog training (5), espionage (5), young adult (5), evolution (5), interior design (4), mystery (4), flight (4), engineering (4), medicine (3), mathematics (3), drama (3), language (3), antarctica (2), medical (2), north carolina (2), Law (2), literary review (2), architecture (2), beauty (2), photo essay (2), old literature (2), Memoir (1), Writing (1), kindle (1), crime (1), ghost story (1), crafts (1), audio tape (1), how-to (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Aug 21, 2006
- About My Library
- My library is skewed toward books that I love, or at least like enough that I have been willing to move them from apartment to apartment. Now that I own my home, I expect my collection will grow and probably begin to include books that would have previously found their way to a used book seller.
Many of my favorites are not represented in my catalog. I'm only a few years out of graduate school, and made ample use of the library during my student days.
- About Me
- I have a tendency to find authors that I like and subsequently go on a spree reading everything that they've written. I've already exhausted Isak Dinesen, Daphne du Maurier, and Dorothy Sayers. I may even be close to exhausting biographies about Isak Dinesen.
I like works in the Romantic vein, Dinesen and Hugo especially. I also like novels about early flight (Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Beryl Markham) and Arctic/Antarctic exploration (Ernest Shackleton).
I can get compulsive about reading, and often find it hard to put down a book to do things like sleep, shower, eat... I remember reading the entire Lord of the Rings (plus The Hobbit for good measure) over a three or four day period during Christmas vacation once. This is one reason why I like short stories; it's much better for my hygiene. (Also because a good short story is an elegant, tightly-written exposition of a theme, in a way that even well-written novels often are not.)
- Research Triangle, NC
- Pàgina d'inici
- Also On
- Autors preferits
- Interesting Library
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.