- La teva biblioteca (2,540)
- Young Adult Fiction (980), History - United States (357), Removed (215), Religion (142), Science (133), Fiction (94), Science Fiction (89), Picture Books (82), History - Great Britain (70), Genealogy (53), Literary Criticism (46), Poetry (41), Lewis Carroll (32), Language (29), California (27), History - World (27), Mark Twain (23), Plays (22), History - Native America (18), Miscellaneous (12), Cats (12), Atlases (11), Music (8), Movies and Televison (6), History - Germany (5), Fairy Tales (4), Computers (2)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Apr 7, 2009
- Real Name
- Darryl Hamson
- About My Library
- Like Thomas Jefferson, "I cannot live without books."
My special interests include: young adult literature; American history, especially colonial America and the early republic; the history, psychology, and philosophy of religion; mind/brain science, particularly consciousness studies; and of course language: the origins, meanings, and usages of words.
I also have various reference books, some historical and general fiction, and a modest collection of science fiction.
- About Me
- Ever since I've been old enough to think about it, I've been happy to be a generalist in a world of specialties. My interests have always been wide-ranging, but over the years there have been several enduring themes:
* History. I've recently retired after nine years as a historical interpreter at Colonial Williamsburg, so it's not surprising that early American history and British history are among my favorite subjects.
* Reading. I have a particular interest in children's literature, and find great enjoyment in working my way through my collection of over a thousand young adult books.
* Science. I majored in psychology in college, and have always been curious about the nature of mind and consciousness.
What ties all my interests together, of course, is words — their origins, their changing meanings, their use (and abuse), and above all their ability to allow us to communicate with one another. There is no greater satisfaction, for me, than to express myself clearly and to help others to do the same.
- Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA
- Pàgina d'inici
Momo de Michael Ende
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.