- sff (3,775), short fiction (2,946), kids (1,255), recorded music (1,239), picture book (868), returned (669), literary fiction (313), collection (285), mystery/detectives (273), ezreader (233), non-fiction (210), horror (146), children's fiction (144), hugo winner (124), teens (112), drama (86), humor (82), nebula winner (77), elizabeth (77), action/adventure (76), mom (70), star wars (64), general fiction (63), music (61), pringle sf 100 (56), donated (56), suspense (44), read in 2021 (44), ya (42), omnibus (40), Caldecott Honor (39), Caldecott Medal (38), reading group (28), poetry (26), cookbook (26), children's non-fiction (23), post-apocalyptic (23), history (22), business (21), western (19), philosophy (18), wwii (17), signed (17), historical fiction (15), religion (14), postmodern (13), politics (11), Newbery (9), ebook (8), toberead (6), Newbery Honor (5), x-files (5), audiobook (3), mythology (3), spanish (1), photography (1), romance (1), aff (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- Children's Fiction, Children's Literature, Classical Music, Combiners!, FantasyFans, Magic City LT Group, Malazan, New Wave Science Fiction and Fantasy, Readers Advisory, Science Fiction Fans, SFFWorld, The University of Chicago, The Weird Tradition, U of Chicago College alumni and other Great Books Geeks
- S'ha unit
- Dec 25, 2007
- About My Library
- Over the years I've read lots of just about everything (except horror and romance), encouraged at a young age by my English-teacher-turned-librarian mother. In my early teens I read mystery voraciously (especially Agatha Christie, Erle Stanley Gardner--I loved his A.A. Fair books--and Dick Francis) and westerns (just about everything by Louis L'Amour). Then I fell in love with the Lord of the Rings and got hooked on a bit of science fiction (the Foundation Trilogy, Dune, and a bit of Heinlein). Then came my years as an English major at the University of Chicago, where I set aside genre fiction for Literature and Drama and never really went back until my mother gave me the first three books of the Wheel of Time when I turned 32 (or so). Since then its been back to fantasy and especially science fiction with a vengeance.
Some taggage explanation: "elizabeth" are books that belong to my wife, "teens" are books that I read in my teens (location unknown), "mom" are books that I read in my teens which are presumably still on a shelf or in a box somewhere at my mom's house, and "returned" are books that have been returned to the library.
I recently added my fairly extensive library of recorded music.
- About Me
- I am a 57 years old male, married with children ages 21, 19 and 16. I grew up in Southern California, went to college at the University of Chicago and graduate school at the University of California, Berkeley. After 9 years as President of the Alabama Symphony Orchestra in Birmingham, AL, I recently moved to Rochester, NY where I am President and CEO of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra.
I spent several years as a site administrator at the Internet Book List and I am a part owner of the Internet Book Database of Fiction, where I've moderated forums for Heather Gladney, John Marco, Jack McDevitt, Elizabeth Bear, and David B. Coe (our Steve Miller/Sharon Lee and Debra Doyle/James Macdonald forums never attracted any participation). I came over to Librarything over ten years ago looking for a site with more members and more potential.
My favorite authors in recent years have been J.G. Ballard, Theodore Sturgeon, Cordwainer Smith, James Tiptree, Jr., and Steven Erikson.
- Rochester, NY
- Pàgina d'inici
- Also On
- Ara mateix l'estic llegint
- Autors preferits
- Isaac Asimov, J. G. Ballard, Iain Banks, Alfred Bester, Jorge Luis Borges, John Brunner, Algis Budrys, Lois McMaster Bujold, Octavia E. Butler, Italo Calvino, Raymond Chandler, Ted Chiang, Glen Cook, Samuel R. Delany, Philip K. Dick, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Harlan Ellison, Steven Erikson, Dick Francis, Erle Stanley Gardner, Heather Gladney, Ursula K. Le Guin, Elizabeth Hand, M. John Harrison, Frank Herbert, Barry Hughart, Robert Jordan, James Joyce, Walter M. Miller, Jr., Franz Kafka, Guy Gavriel Kay, John Keats, Sharon Lee, Fritz Leiber Jr., Stanisław Lem, Kelly Link, Barry N. Malzberg, George R. R. Martin, China Miéville, Steve Miller, C. L. Moore, Daniel Keys Moran, Haruki Murakami, Larry Niven, Wilfred Owen, Mervyn Peake, Luigi Pirandello, Edgar Allan Poe, Frederik Pohl, Joanna Russ, Miguel de Cervantes, Brandon Sanderson, William Shakespeare, George Bernard Shaw, Robert Sheckley, Clifford D. Simak, Dan Simmons, Cordwainer Smith, Stanley G. Weinbaum, Arkady Strugatsky, Theodore Sturgeon, James Tiptree Jr., J. R. R. Tolkien, Jack Vance, Kurt Vonnegut, Bill Watterson, Stanley G. Weinbaum, Kate Wilhelm, P. G. Wodehouse, Yevgeny Zamyatin, Roger Zelazny
- Preferits locals
Llibreries: Bookman/Bookwoman Used Books, Books & Company #309, Books & Company #313, Dark Carnival, Dark Star Books, Houghton Book Shop, Powell's - Hyde Park, Reed Books / The Museum of Fond Memories, Strand Bookstore
Biblioteques: Xenia Community Library
- Interesting Library
- absurdeist, aethercowboy, AlanPoulter, Alex_Maybe, almigwin, AltheaAnn, andersonden, anglemark, Archren, arthurfrayn, Audacity88, aulsmith, Bev_n_Dave, Bink42, bluetyson, blyoung, bookstothesky, bouillabaisse, bragan, carpentermt, ccandc, cesious, Charrlygirl, cshalizi, cvjacobs, DavidClemens, davisfamily, divinenanny, douggeo, Echinopsis, eclangel, efros, EmScape, erbisoeul, FicusFan, fugitive, fyrefly98, G_Riv, Geedge, gordon.krefting, gwyneira, hashiru, iftyzaidi, InfinityOutlaw, Jambyfool, jayson.summers, JBarringer, jen.e.moore, Jetton, JFDR, JillHuston, johnnyapollo, JRQ, JTandRobin, juliankbrown, karamazow, Kilgor_trout, KingRat, krazykiwi, ktcalifornia, kukkurovaca, Leischen, LizzieD, lorax, lorax_short, LouBriccant, lquilter, ludmillalotaria, lundblad, Lyndatrue, macha, markhagner, MartinWisse, martlet, MayorWhitebelly, mckait, MikeBriggs, MisterJJones, mkjones, Nanaimo, nwhyte, ochre24, paulhurtley, PhoenixTerran, Plessiez, PortiaLong, pretygrrl, psybre, Randki, RandyStafford, RBeffa, renbedell, revelshade, ringman, RobertDay, rocketjk, rojse, rowens, rpuchalsky, sailordanae, sardonicmanor, sdobie, selfnoise, sfuhrman, StevenTill, stochasticooze, sturlington, Sungold, Superenigmatix, TaraWood, the_red_shoes, weesam