- La teva biblioteca (5,240)
- First World War (317), Second World War (302), Survival (239), American Civil War (217), Historiography (152), Science Fiction (148), Preparedness (141), Dystopian Fiction (140), Military History (117), Military Theory (114), Orthodox Theology (109), 20th C U.S. History (107), Cultural Criticism (99), Irish History (96), 19th C U.S. History (93), British Military History (86), Economic Collapse (82), Orthodoxy (81), Napoleonic Period (80), Vietnam War (80), Anglo-Irish War (77), ETO (73), Current Events (73), U.S. Military History (72), Military Fiction (71), Theology (69), American Colonial History (69), Philosophy (67), Native American History (66), Progressivism (65), Fiction (62), Ancient Fathers (61), Christian Living (60), U.S. History (57), Homesteading (56), EMP (55), Political Thriller (53), Cavalry and Armour (50), Churchill (49), Guerrilla War (49), Political Theory (48), American Revolution (45), Church History (44), 19th C British History (43), Frontier History (41), Medieval History (41), 19th C European History (41), 20th C British History (40), Writing Guide (39), Russian History (39), Tolkien (39), Worldview (38), Military Revolution (38), African History (38), Military Doctrine (37), Strategic Theory (37), Cold War (35), U.S. Presidents (35), Naval History (33), Hunting (33), Roman History (32), Islam (32), 20th C European History (32), Storage 2 (32), 19th C British Imperial History (32), Storage 1 (31), Medieval Military History (31), Bible Study (31), Terrorism (30), German Military History (30), Apologetics (30), Christian Fiction (30), Early Modern European History (29), Primitive Living (29), Diplomatic History (29), Eastern Front (28), Safari (28), Big Game Hunting (28), Bible Commentary (27), Irish Civil War (27), French History (26), Roman Military History (26), Ancient Greece History (26), Interwar (25), Africa (25), Eastern Theater (25), U.S. Military Biography (25), British Military Biography (24), Global History (24), Gardening (24), Nazi Era (24), U.S. Foreign Policy (24), (24), Leadership (23), Islamism (23), PTO (23), Interwar Period (23), Tactical Theory (23), British Biography (23), British History (23), Nautical Fiction (22), Puritanism (22), U.S. Imperialism (22), Political Science (22), 18th C U.S. History (21), Christian Historiography (21), Western Theater (21), Bible (21), Firearms (21), Academia (21), Military History Anthology (20), Western Civilization (19), 20th C Irish History (19), French Revolution (19), 20th C U.S. Military History (19), The Change series (19), Culture (18), History (18), Orthodox History (18), Current Affairs (18), Irish Biography (17), Militaria (17), Byzantine History (17), Ancient Greek Military History (17), Middle Earth (17), Imperial German History (17), Humor (16), Intelligent Design (16), International Relations (16), Irish Troubles (16), Clausewitz (16), Holocaust (16), Fascism (16), Historical Reference (16), Peninsular War (16), Slavery (16), Ancient History (16), Early Christianity (16), Education (16), First World War Causes (15), Ancient Military History (15), Crusades (15), Pre-Imperial German History (15), Christian History (15), Totalitarianism (15), German Biography (14), Christianity (14), Whitetail Deer (14), Distributism (14), Gulf War (14), New Deal (14), Pacific Theater (13), Middle Eastern History (13), Korean War (13), Medieval English History (13), Reagan (13), Cavalry (13), Military history (13), Livestock (13), Western Way of War (13), North African Campaign (13), Battlefield Guide (13), Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (13), Great Depression (13), Command (13), Cultural Marxism (13), Spiritual Growth (12), 19th C British Military History (12), American Ante-Bellum Period (12), Epidemic (12), Crime Fiction (12), Weimar Era (12), Sexual Revolution (12), PVBC Women's Book Club (12), Church Fathers (12), Renaissance (12), Counterinsugency (12), Norwich Seminar 550 (12), Self-Sufficiency (11), Balkan History (11), Chinese History (11), Postmodernism (11), Raj History (11), Indian History (11), Operational Art (11), Reference (11), Historical Fiction (11), Revelations (11), Firearms Training (11), Seminar 1 Norwich (11), English History (11), Spanish Civil War (11), Regimental History (11), Cavalry and Armor (11), Military Leadership (11), Military History Survey (11), Longmire Mystery (11), Hi 540 (10), British Imperial History (10), Technology and Society (10), History of Slavery (10), Intellectual History (10), Celtic Culture (10), Marxism (10), Special Operations (10), World History (10), Romanticism (10), Military Thought and Theory (10), Western Civ Text (10), Personal Memoir (9), American Historiography (9), Creation and Evolution (9), Military Intelligence (9), Western Front (9), 1940 Campaign (9), Benedict Option (9), 19th C German History (9), Seminar 5 Norwich (9), Soviet History (9), Political Thought (9), Naval Strategy (9), Airpower Theory (9), 18th C British History (9), Religion (9), Japanese History (9), Enlightenment (9), Medieval European History (9), Reformation (9), Cold War History (9), Judaism (9), Naval Theory (9), Military Ethics (9), Christian (9), Orthodox Liturgy (8), Medical Care (8), Marriage and Family (8), Boer War (8), Canning (8), Poetry (8), Self-Defense (8), Preserving (8), Early Republic (8), Russian Biography (8), Constitution (8), Mechanization (8), German Military Biography (8), Ancient Greek History (8), Rabbits (8), Disaster (8), Science and Faith (8), Christian Worldview (8), Texas History (8), Franco-Prussian War (8), Austrian History (8), Imperialism (8), Military Education (8), Spanish-American War (8), Military Psychology (8), War on Terror (8), Signed (7), Devotionals (7), Armor and Cavalry (7), Norwich University World History Sem 2 (7), Conservatism (7), Literature (7), Causes of the American Civil War (7), English Literature (7), 19th C African History (7), Ancient Greece Military History (7), 1914 Campaign (7), USMA Series (7), strategic theory (7), Grant (7), Christian Marriage (7), Old Testament (7), NKJV (7), Art History (7), British Naval History (7), Military Policy (7), European Imperial History (7), Futures (7), International Relations Theory (7), European History (7), U.S. Diplomatic History (7), Women's Issues (7), Jewish History (7), 18th C History (6), American Early Republic (6), British Imperialism (6), First Century Christian History (6), American Diplomatic History (6), U.S. Naval History (6), Infantry (6), Total War (6), Endtimes (6), Civil Military Relations (6), Europe (6), American Military Biography (6), Algerian Campaign (6), Sherman (6)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Sep 9, 2006
- About My Library
- The main work is done, now it's a maintenance, fixing the problems from early entries that lack an ISBN and adding in Dewey Numbers.
My library is large though not as large as I'd like it; focused primarily in military history but with a good deal of variety. It has been built up over about 60 years and has gotten to the point where it's taken over our home, despite moving to a larger place. I wish now I had never sold the thousands of books I did when times were tough for me a few years ago.
Outside of military history and theory, I have a good collection of American, British and Irish History. I also have a growing collection of works on theology (broadly defined) and culture, the two are inextricably linked. As for recreational reading I enjoy political thrillers like Vince Flynn's and Brian Haig's recent novels, science fiction, and post-apocalyptic and prepper stuff. I also enjoy reading about hunting techniques and hunting stories.
I'm also interested in Christian Apologetics, 1st Century Christianity, Worldview, Historical Theology, as well as Gaelic history and culture.
- About Me
- "“As I ponder my pilgrim’s progress to Orthodoxy, however, I realize that I didn’t make the trip alone, but in a two-seater. And I wasn’t the one driving.”
― Frederica Mathewes-Green
"Unless I am convinced by the testimony of the Holy Scriptures or by evident reason-…-I consider myself convicted by the testimony of Holy Scripture, which is my basis; my conscience is captive to the Word of God. Thus I cannot and will not recant, because acting against one's conscience is neither safe nor sound. Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me" Martin Luther.
“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” J.R.R. Tolkien, Fellowship of the Ring
"And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth." Galadriel in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien
I'm an optimist, the glass is always half-full, it is always "Morning in America" (RWR), and yeah Davey we can hold these walls for one more day.
As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Joshua 24:15)
"Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage amongst his books. For to you Kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned by the flicking of a finger....." Lessons: Anonymous from Gordon R. Dickson Tactics of Mistake.
"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas." David Crockett.
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed....." it's not about the National Guard, shooting sports, hunting, or home protection, it is about the right and indeed obligation of we the people to defend ourselves collectively from an intrusive, oppressive and tyrannical government. Freedom of the Press, Speech, Religion or assembly mean nothing without the freedom to enforce our rights.....JTB
Hi, I'm a more than middle-aged former soldier and gypsy (non-tenure) professor with Norwich University where I'm also the Associate Program Director for the Master's in History Programs in the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies. I hold a Ph.D. in Modern Western History from the Union Institute (special thanks to my dissertation co-advisors Jay Luvaas, Ph.D. and Sir Michael Howard), a Master's Degree in Modern Military History from Vermont College of Norwich University and a Bachelor's degree in History from the University of Minnesota.
My historical interests are wide-ranging and eclectic though they did tend to focus on military history, especially the First World War, the Anglo-Irish War of 1919-1921 and militaries in transition. As for less military topics, I'm fascinated by how the influence of theology (and yes an absence of belief in God or gods is also a theology) broadly defined influences cultural, economic, social and political development. I'm also very interested in the political history of the progressive movement and the connections between it (in both its historical and current incarnations) and the very similar European movements as well as their intellectual roots in German historicism, oddly enough the philosophical movement that gave rise to both marxism and fascism. Isn't that just weird though huh?
And, after much reading and thought, I've come to reject the direction of the Enlightenment, which has been the cause of great human suffering over the past 250 years. Call me a National Conservative with a Distributionist bent (hattip to GK Chesterton and Hilaire Belloc)
I have the most marvelous woman to walk through life with.
I've been known to be somewhat politically incorrect, old fashioned, and a bit eccentric. Most importantly, I have not always been the man I ought to have been and am seeking to become now with God's good help.
I also cook fairly well; mostly your basic man foods; spaghetti and meatballs, chili, brined pork chops, poached chicken and the masculine standby.....steaks. My wife calls me the "hamburger (deerburger whenever possible) helper gourmet" because of the spicing and ingredients I add to the basic box junk. I'm also pretty creative when it comes to playing with "cup a noodles" as well. We've got venison, elk and bison in the freezer and life is good :-)
In addition to my academic interests and activities, my wife and I are Orthodox Christians attending a small Orthodox Church in America Chapel. We also hunt together, I cherish those early morning quiet times with her. And finally, thanks to MIAC and the DHS, we've come to realize that we are 'right wing extremists.' Thanks guys :-)
"Better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere" (Psalms 84:10)
- Southwest Missouri in the foothills of the Ozarks.
- Autors preferits
- Interesting Library
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.