- La teva biblioteca (6,417)
- Cozy Mystery (922), Mystery (514), Southern Cozy Mystery (367), British Cozy Mystery (354), Novel (335), Home Decorating (245), Humor (197), Midwestern Cozy Mystery (167), British Police Procedural (128), Cookbook (123), Food Essays and Recipes (117), Children's (111), Thriller (109), Gardening (106), Texas Cozy Mystery (89), Cat Cozy Mystery (89), Nonfiction (87), Essays (84), Memoir (81), Automotive (78), British Mystery (78), Household Management (71), New York Mystery (70), Sociology (68), Self-Help (66), Trivia (64), Grooming and Style (63), Language (59), British Novel (57), Lifestyle (52), Academic Mystery (51), Culinary Cozy Mystery (50), Feng Shui (46), Women's Studies (45), Southern Novel (42), Christmas (39), Technical (36), Police Procedural (35), Midwestern Police Procedural (35), Senior Sleuths (35), Pop Culture (33), Travel Essays (32), Biography (29), Architecture (29), Children's Series (29), Art (28), Reference (27), Political Thriller (27), Florida Cozy Mystery (23), Woo-Woo Mystery (23), Autobiography (22), Travel (21), Fantasy (21), Maine Cozy Mystery (20), Florida Mystery (19), Crafts (19), Maine Mystery (19), Cats (18), Finance (17), Photo Essays (17), Quilts (17), Politics (17), Journals (16), Science Fiction (16), Humorous Essays (15), Humorous Mystery (14), Cozy Gardening Mystery (14), Romance (13), Poetry (13), Collectibles (13), Essays About Writing (12), Classics (11), Psychology (11), Automobiles (11), Cozy Collectibles Mystery (11), Motherhood (11), Etiquette (11), Environment (10), Recent History (10), Washington D.C. Mystery (10), Letters (10), Country Living (10), Dogs (10), Dictionary (10), Plays (10), Photography (9), Creativity (9), Fiction (9), Marriage and Relationships (9), Woo-Woo (9), Books About Books (8), Television (8), Short Stories (8), Family Life (7), Woodworking (7), Nostalgia (7), Antiques (7), Books (7), Atlas (6), Scottish Cozy Mystery (6), Education (6), Scottish Mystery (6), Childrens' Series (6), History (6), Health (6), Southern Mystery (5), Chocoholic Cozy Mystery (5), Political Commentary (5), Mystery Reference (5), Entertaining (5), Figure Skating (5), Gossip (4), Geography (4), Midwestern Mystery (4), Business (4), Cooking Essays and Recipes (4), Puzzles (3), True Crime (3), Epistolary Fiction (3), Chick Lit (3), Natural History (3), Language and Grammar (3), Communication (3), Writing (3), Building (2), Behavior (2), Housebuilding (2), Animals (2), Scrapbooking (2), Secret Societies (2), Mystery Short Stories (2), Anthology (2), Computer Software Manual (2), Diet/Body Image (2), Computers (2), Cooking Essays (2), Garden Design (2), Myths (2), Quotations (2), New Age (1), Air Conditioning Systems (1), Cartoons (1), Travel Narrative (1), Southern Humor (1), New York Cozy Mystery (1), Christmas Traditions (1), Essays and Recipes (1), Romantic Suspense (1), Reading Essays (1), House Building (1), Memoirs (1), Native Americans (1), Electronics (1), Motorcycles (1), Movies (1), Civics (1), Diary (1), Media (1), Grammar (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Jul 2, 2007
- Real Name
- Janis Watson
- About My Library
- Life is messy, so I prefer my reading to be neat. I like mysteries because there is always a resolution at the end. Justice prevails. The good guys usually win, and, if they don't, I don't read that author any more. (Hey! It's my dime!) My library is unconventional, to say the least. One 24 foot wall in our living room is lined with bookshelves. I try to leave space on the shelves for decorative objects, but, somehow, they usually have to find space elsewhere because the books need a place to be. In addition, my husband built 12 feet of bookshelves in the laundry (my least favorite chore) room for me. I also have a night table filled with paperbacks waiting for my attention. The office area has another wall of books. Cookbooks take up two shelves in the kitchen. There's even a magazine rack in the bathroom. I prefer hardback books to paperbacks, so it takes a lot of room to house them. I do try to weed out books each year. Last year I donated over 300 books to a small-town library where I knew they would be circulated, not sold. They put up a display unit labeled New To Us. The librarian sent me a nice note saying she'd received many positive comments on those books. Made my day! As you can see from Library Thing's statistics, I like mostly mysteries. I find new ones all the time by being a devoted reader of DorothyL, a listserv for mystery readers and writers. The End.
- About Me
- When I was in first grade (we didn't have kindergarten back then) I remember going to school every day for what seemed like months, not understanding a word of what Mrs. Stewart (fondly remembered as the one who taught me to read) said. Then, one day, I skipped into the classroom, sat at my desk, opened the Dick and Jane book, and could read every single word. It all just came together: one day I couldn't read; the next day I could. I've been an avid reader ever since. I usually have at least five books going at once: a mystery for the car, a mystery for the kitchen, (we all need coffee breaks now and then) a book of essays by my bed in case the mystery also stashed there is too exciting to allow me to sleep, a nonfiction book for the living room, and a mystery for my purse in case I have to wait somewhere for something. I also subscribe to about 10 magazines and buy that many more at the bookstore each month. Current favorites are 25 Beautiful Homes, a British publication that shows real houses and real residents and real lives, and Mental Floss, to indulge my love for trivia. I also like to cook, (when I'm in the mood, which is less and less often these days) to travel, and to garden. My favorite color is turquoise; my favorite number is 9; my astrological sign is Aquarius; and I do not watch TV. Who has time with all the reading waiting? The End.
- Canton, Illinois
- Interesting Library
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.