- 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up (14), 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (3), gluten-free (2), baking (2), coconut (1), home (1), coconut flour (1), 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up; dystopian fantasy (1), 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up; classic; sibling relationships (1), food allergies (1), vegan (1), business (1), psychology (1), cookbook (1), wedding (1), desserts (1), low-carb (1), history (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Jun 16, 2010
- About My Library
- All the books on my "Library" list are books I currently own. I do have certain parameters that influence my choice to buy a book rather than just check it out from a library. I collect books I know or anticipate to be of quality from certain publishers, collections, authors, and genres, and, once read, I will only keep the book if I truly loved it, think I may read it again, or would like to share it with others.
I read & collect books on a variety of topics. My top 5 favorite genres currently are early-mid 20th century British realistic fiction, early-mid 20th century cozy mysteries, children's novels, children's picture books, and non-fiction (mostly relating to homemaking/homesteading, interior design, food, history, children's literature, and various Christian topics). Good children's literature is just as complex, beautiful, and laborious to create as is good literature intended for adults, and that goes for both novels and many picture books. Some of my absolute favorite books are children's books, and not for lack of reading plenty of "adult" books!
I am currently collecting the following:
~ Publishers/Collections: Persephone books (with grey covers), Virago Modern Classics (paperback & clothbound), Puffin & Penguin Clothbound Classics.
~ Authors: Agatha Christie (and many of her peers') paperbacks, P.D. Wodehouse, E.F. Benson, Miss Read, Van Reid, Roald Dahl, Beverly Cleary, Elsa Beskow, Tasha Tudor, William Steig, Arnold and Anita Lobel, Barbara Cooney, and many more.
~ Miscellaneous: All versions (including fractured) of The Three Little Pigs and The Three Bears.
My "Favorites" list reflects books that are my absolute favorites. Books that I have read, or intend to read, over and over again.
- About Me
- I have my master's in library & information studies and have worked as a children's librarian in a public librarian as well as in circulation in a beautiful university library. I love reading, collecting, and organizing books.
I have two young daughters who also love reading. My husband and I have read to them since they were in the womb, and my oldest taught herself to read quite well at age 4. They both love sitting down with a big stack of books and visiting libraries! We homeschool ,and I also teach literature to 1st and 2nd graders in a homeschool co-op.
I frequent thrift stores and used book stores, always looking for treasures to bring home at a great price. I love that I can look up titles quickly in the librarything app to see if I have a book, or which books I still need by a certain author.
- AL, USA
- Ara mateix l'estic llegint
- Autors preferits
- Preferits locals
- Interesting Library
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.