- French fiction. (272), Contemporary American fiction. (272), Signed. (208), Nobel prize winner. (200), English fiction. (195), Latin American fiction. (191), Irish fiction. (123), American fiction. (110), all things American. (95), Spanish fiction. (87), Scandinavian fiction. (84), German fiction. (78), Italian fiction. (61), American poetry. (57), Russian fiction. (52), Music. (52), Eastern European fiction. (46), all things French. (46), Canadian fiction. (46), African fiction. (39), Middle east fiction. (34), Asian fiction. (30), Scottish fiction. (30), Portugese fiction. (25), all things British. (23), Polish fiction. (19), Australian fiction. (19), Latin American poetry. (18), Irish poetry. (17), French poetry. (17), American plays. (16), Art. (15), all things Irish. (15), all things English. (14), all things Latin American. (14), English plays. (13), Irish plays. (12), Polish poetry. (12), all things Italian. (12), Spanish Civil War history. (9), all things Canadian. (9), all things Polish. (9), all things Spanish. (9), all things Hispanic. (8), Language. (8), Belgian fiction. (8), Carribean fiction. (8), Rangers hockey. (7), Hockey. (7), Greek fiction. (6), Literary reference. (6), Russian poetry. (6), all things Eastern European. (5), English poetry. (5), Italian plays. (5), Scandinavian poetry. (4), all things German. (4), all things Middle Eastern. (4), Canadian poetry. (4), Dutch fiction. (4), New Zealand fiction. (4), Spanish poetry. (4), American politics. (4), French plays. (3), Polish plays. (3), Italian poetry. (3), Turkish fiction. (3), German poetry. (3), World War 1 history. (3), German plays. (3), Granta reader. (2), all things Belgian. (2), Scottish poetry. (2), all things Scandinavian. (2), culinary. (2), Portugese poetry. (2), Belgian poetry. (2), all things Scottish. (2), CD. (2), all things Swiss. (2), all things Russian. (2), Welsh fiction. (1), all things Belarusian. (1), Spanish plays. (1), Caribbean fiction. (1), Turkish/Kurdish fiction. (1), Macedonian poetry. (1), all things Argentine. (1), all thing British. (1), Eastern European poetry. (1), all things Austrian. (1), Signed by the translator. (1), South American fiction. (1), all things Welsh. (1), Greek poetry. (1), photography. (1), Australian poetry. (1), Signed (1), Graphic novel. (1), Latin American plays. (1), Russian plays. (1), all things African. (1), Korean War history. (1), all things Latin. (1), World history. (1), Ice hockey. (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- Anal-retentives, Author Theme Reads, ¡Literatura Argentina!, Booker Prize, Books Compared, Cats, books, life is good., Chinaski's Stool, Club Read 2009, Dalkey Archive, Existentialism, French literature, 19th & 20th century, Hockey, Infinite Jesters, Irish Lit, Library Punx, Mad on Zola, Modern Collector, New York Review Books, Nobel Laureates in Literature, Oulipo's Virtual Headquarters, Poetry Fool, Pro and Con, Reading Globally, Real Ale (& Other Beers), Roberto Arlt and River Boat Books, Rock 'n' Roll, Records and Record Collections, Scandinavian detectives and thrillers, South American Fiction-Argentine Writers, Spanish Civil War, The Colbert Nation, The Prizes, Themes in Literature, Tropic of Ideas, William Faulkner and his Literary Kin, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery
- S'ha unit
- Jul 2, 2006
- Real Name
- About My Library
- Have an interest in literature in translation. I buy and sell (try to anyway) books that I want or don't want on Half.com. I have been focusing a lot lately on literary thrillers particularly those coming out of Europe. I have somewhere around 150 signed books. IMO LT was and is a brilliant idea. I love the format--the updating LT does always seem to make the site better, more accessibe and more fun.
- About Me
- 60 years old. 4 years in the Coast Guard. Retired from the Postal Service in February 2013. That was nice. I can be a bit lazy though. Translator of Roberto Arlt's The Flamethrowers available at River Boat Books (see profile picture) and completing the two part book into English for the first time as River Boat has also reissued Naomi Lindstrom's translation of The Seven Madmen. I'm Married. Two grown up kids. One with a degree in Geology--the other a degree in Physics. Anyway I like to read. I like to mess around with my guitars. I like punk rock a lot and have a lot of vinyl from the late 70's--early 80's to prove it. I like Celtic punk. I like Ska and I like Reggae. I like to drink IPA's, stouts and porters. I've been following the New York Rangers since the 1971-72 season. That's a pretty long time. I'm pretty rabid about them. I like to travel. I would like to go overseas more but I've only been to Ireland once.
- Elmira N. Y.
- Autors preferits
- Etel Adnan, António Lobo Antunes, Guillaume Apollinaire, Roberto Arlt, Louis Armand, Margaret Atwood, Michele Audin, J. G. Ballard, Samuel Beckett, Peter Damian Bellis, Madison Smartt Bell, Thomas Bernhard, Wu Ming, Roberto Bolaño, Louis Paul Boon, Jorge Luis Borges, Charles Bukowski, Anna Burns, Camilo José Cela, Louis-Ferdinand Céline, Javier Cercas, J. M. G. Le Clézio, J. M. Coetzee, Junot Díaz, Miguel Delibes, Don DeLillo, Virginie Despentes, Helen DeWitt, Assia Djebar, Alfred Döblin, Daša Drndić, Jean Echenoz, Umberto Eco, Nathan Englander, William Faulkner, James Fenton, Tibor Fischer, Patrick Flanery, Dario Fo, Sesshu Foster, Benito Pérez-Galdós, Witold Gombrowicz, Günter Grass, Graham Greene, Pedro Juan Gutiérrez, Knut Hamsun, Rick Harsch, Eleanor Henderson, Zbigniew Herbert, Chester Himes, Michel Houellebecq, Bohumil Hrabal, Marlon James, Elfriede Jelinek, B. S. Johnson, Denis Johnson, James Joyce, James Kelman, Elias Khoury, John King, Naomi Klein, Arthur Koestler, Ahmadou Kourouma, Rachel Kushner, Halldór Laxness, Philip Levine, Mario Vargas Llosa, Alistair MacLeod, Curzio Malaparte, Jean-Patrick Manchette, Dominique Manotti, Luis Martín-Santos, Colum McCann, Cormac McCarthy, Martin McDonagh, Marshall McLuhan, Eoin McNamee, Enrique Medina, Fernanda Melchor, Pierre Merot, Philipp Meyer, David Mitchell, Emiliano Monge, Manuel Vázquez Montalbán, Alvaro Mutis, Pablo Neruda, Jo Nesbø, Marlene van Niekerk, Flannery O'Connor, Kenzaburō Ōe, Sofi Oksanen, Michael Ondaatje, Nicanor Parra, John Dos Passos, David Peace, Georges Perec, Leif G. W. Persson, Christopher Petit, Ricardo Piglia, Robert Pinget, Pola Oloixarac, Raymond Queneau, Arthur Rimbaud, Julian Rios, Manuel Rivas, Alain Robbe-Grillet, Robert S. Stickley, Philip Roth, Arundhati Roy, Anatoli Rybakov, Ernesto Sábato, Guillermo Saccomanno, George Salis, Lydie Salvayre, Ken Saro-Wiwa, Andrea Maria Schenkel, Arno Schmidt, Adania Shibli, Claude Simon, Patricia Smith, Pablo Martín Sánchez, Edward St. Aubyn, Wisława Szymborska, Antonio Tabucchi, Paco Ignacio Taibo, Johan Theorin, Olga Tokarczuk, B. Traven, William Trevor, Jane Urquhart, Paul Verhaeghen, David Foster Wallace, Rodolfo Walsh, Irvine Welsh, Paul West, Paul West, Stanisław Ignacy Witkiewicz, Juli Zeh, Émile Zola
- Biblioteca interessant
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.