- Fiction (283), Picture Book (278), Children's Fiction (203), Children's Series (134), Mystery (125), Manga (120), Classic (114), Series (113), Board Book (96), Nonfiction (94), Fantasy (91), YA Fantasy (90), 999 Challenge (72), Children's Nonfiction (63), YA Lit (63), Children's Fantasy (56), Beginning Reader (54), Spinner (54), Faith (43), Fairy Tale Retelling (37), Graphic Novel (30), Science Fiction (27), Newbery (25), Beginning Reader Chapter (24), Play (23), Virago (22), Biography (21), Parenting (21), Romance (19), Norton (18), Christmas (18), Essay (18), Modern Classic (18), Short Fiction (18), Dr. Seuss (17), Poetry (14), Newbery Challenge (14), Humor (14), Education (13), Folktale (13), Dragons (13), Fairy Tales (12), Historical Fiction (12), Children's Poetry (12), Children's Classic (12), Musical Book (12), Magical Realism (11), Poirot (11), Travel (11), Writing (10), Reference (10), Art (9), Supernatural (9), History (9), Arthurian (8), Autobiography (8), Sticker Book (7), Faeries (7), Vamps (7), Pop-up (6), Espionage (6), Thriller (6), Trivia (5), Children's Mystery (5), Hanukkah (4), Miss Marple (4), Nursery Rhymes (4), Religious Fiction (4), Science (4), Nature (4), Gorey (4), Golden Books (3), Folklore (3), Travel Essay (3), Journal (3), ARC (3), Business (2), Cookbook (2), Urban Fantasy (2), Richard Scarry (2), Mother Goose (2), Choose Your Own Adventure (2), Language (2), Suspense (2), Books on Books (2), Devotional (2), Caldecott (2), Philosophy (2), Mythology (2), Coloring (1), Shakespeare (1), Graphic Book (1), Soft Book (1), Bible (1), Memoir (1), Children's Cookbook (1), Speech (1), Puzzles (1), Music (1), Gothic (1), Guide (1), Ethnography (1), Academic (1), Bath Book (1), Noir (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Sep 17, 2008
- Real Name
- Nicole Hale
- About My Library
- I'm an avid reader, and love to dip my fingers into just about any genre, author, style, or country (there are a few exceptions).
My mood dictates what I choose next - do I want a light read, something magical and fantastic, or do I want to sink my teeth into some solid literary piece or a classic? If it's raining, I have a craving for mysteries. My daughter and I love to read board books, and I personally like children stories to lighten my day.
I have a library that reflects my tastes, and I love my sprawling, unpredictable, bibliophile hobby.
- About Me
- As a baby, I would sit quietly and pay attention when my mom read books to me. As a child, one of my favorite places was the library. As a teenager, I read books to escape teen trauma. As a young adult, I went to the University of Arizona and majored in English Literature and Creative Writing. As an adult, I read some part of some book every single day. Reading is one aspect of my life that has never changed.
I do have a list of the few things that are more essential to me than reading: God and my faith, my wonderful husband Mike, my adorable daughters Aubrey and Sophie, my lovable and crazy family, my zany friends.
My beautiful baby girl has recently taken me out of the classroom, where I was a teacher for three years, and placed me back in the house. I am a happy stay at home mom, squeezing in as much writing and reading as I can during nap times.
Currently, I have a few book projects that I would like to finish some day.
1) Read Greek and Roman mythology from different sources, Metamorphosis, Greek tragedies, Homer, and other assorted similar items.
2) Read all of the Grimm and Andersen fairy tales, folktales from around the world, Lang's fairy book series, and as many fairy tale re-tellings as I can find.
3) Read all of my unfinished college books.
4) Read Arthurian lore, hitting all the major works,the background sources that contributed to these cannon texts, and the modern day versions that I find compelling.
- Tucson, AZ
- Pàgina d'inici
- Ara mateix l'estic llegint
- Selected Poems and Two Plays of William Butler Yeats de William Butler; Rosenthal Yeats, M.L. (Edited & Introduction)Three by Annie Dillard: The Writing Life, An American Childhood, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek de Annie DillardFox's Book of Martyrs: A History of the Lives, Sufferings, and Deaths of the Early Christian and Protestant Martyrs de William Byron Forbush
- Autors preferits
- Isabel Allende, Jane Austen, Holly Black, Ray Bradbury, Charlotte Brontë, Emily Brontë, Michael Buckley, Eve Bunting, Agatha Christie, Charles Dickens, Martha Grimes, Ursula K. Le Guin, Diana Wynne Jones, C. S. Lewis, Gabriel García Márquez, Ngaio Marsh, Toni Morrison, Elizabeth Peters, Tamora Pierce, J. K. Rowling, Jon Scieszka, William Shakespeare, John Steinbeck, Amy Tan, J. R. R. Tolkien, Mark Twain, Jane Yolen
- Interesting Library
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.