- Totes les col·leccions (1,227), Classics (301), Wife's (30), Priority (3), Donate? (10), Owned (385), On shelf (49), La teva biblioteca (1,223), Llista de desitjos (7), Per llegir (57), Preferits (78)
- American fiction (247), English fiction (135), Crime (77), Spies (59), Short Stories (58), Film (44), Memoir (44), Humor (41), Biography (36), Essays (33), German fiction (31), Science fiction (30), French fiction (29), Journalism (29), European History (28), American History (24), Russian fiction (23), Music (20), Travel (17), History (17), Italian fiction (16), Philosophy (15), Art (15), Poetry (14), Fantasy (14), Comics (14), Irish fiction (13), Politics (13), Cats (12), Cultural studies (11), Natural history (10), Maps (10), Children's books (9), Literary criticism (8), Canadian fiction (8), Conversations with Filmmakers (7), Cookbook (7), Entertainments (7), Nature (7), Latin American fiction (7), Reference (6), Photography (6), Austrian fiction (5), Economics (5), Wine (5), Psychology (5), Australian fiction (4), Graphic fiction (4), Sports (4), Science (4), Anthology (4), Drama (4), Religion (4), Interviews (3), Durs (3), Computer Science (3), Greek fiction (2), Spanish fiction (2), Hungarian fiction (2), African fiction (2), Gastronomy (2), Geology (2), Maigret (2), Medieval fiction (2), Letters (2), Directors Cuts (1), Romanian fiction (1), Swedish fiction (1), Linguistics (1), Cosmology (1), Swiss fiction (1), Architecture (1), Anthropology (1), Vietnam (1), Icelandic fiction (1), Humore (1), Television (1), Scottish fiction (1), Czech fiction (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Sep 29, 2006
- About My Library
- Truth be told, I'm a slow reader. Not long ago, I decided to stop buying books and just get them from the library if I can, so some of the books I've added to the list lately aren't physically in our home. We've simply run out of room, even in the larger home to which we relocated from San Diego.
I feel compelled to point out that my modest library reflects what I have actually read, or have on my "virtual" shelf waiting to be read. Unrated books are the latter, or I just can't remember how much I liked or disliked it. (Actually, to list all the books I'd like to read would just depress me. Remember, I'm a slow reader...)
- About Me
- I am a Californian; born in 1953. I am watching the deterioration of American democracy from my home in Eugene, Oregon, which I share with my German wife and our two cats. I was living in Berlin on 9/11. My user name is taken from the novel Nog by Rudolph Wurlitzer.
I believe that all literary prizes are bunk. Case in point: passed over by the Nobel committee -- Joyce, Kafka, Proust, Nabokov, Calvino, Borges, Woolf, Tolstoy, Orwell -- to name a few.
- Eugene, Oregon
- Autors preferits
- Eric Ambler, Jane Austen, Julian Barnes, Jorge Luis Borges, T. C. Boyle, Italo Calvino, John le Carré, Raymond Chandler, Joseph Conrad, Len Deighton, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Graham Greene, Dashiell Hammett, James Joyce, Ken Kesey, Peter Matthiessen, Thomas McGuane, A. A. Milne, Vladimir Nabokov, George Orwell, Charles Portis, Thomas Pynchon, C. J. Sansom, George Saunders, W. G. Sebald, Ralph Steadman, Hunter S. Thompson, Kurt Vonnegut, Alan Watts, Evelyn Waugh, , P. G. Wodehouse
nog ha valorat, ha ressenyat:
nog ha ressenyat i valorat:
- Biblioteca interessant
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.