- to-read (404), fantabulous (94), reallybad-dead-trees (7), is about a tourist who decides to visit a small French town (1), type horror story (1), rather than a crazed slasher that kills everyone in sight (1), atmospheric horror story (1), ever. If you prefer a psychological (1), is the story 'The Willows' about 2 campers who chose the wrong place to settle for the night. One of my favorite short stories (1), and the reason I bought the book (1), and becomes enchanted with its history and secrets. My favorite (1), wander between horror and fantasy and brilliantly showcase some of his best and most disturbing tales Blackwood has written. The title story (1), 'Ancient Sorceries' (1), and terrifying. You feel like part of the story. The nine stories included here are spooky (1), which makes the decision on which way to go even more personal (1), and your very existence. His characters draw you into their spooky and surreal world (1), that could save your life or kill you; that could impact your livlihood (1), atmospheric world building. The feeling of standing on the edge of a great decision (1), Ancient Sorceries and Other Stories by: Algernon Blackwood Pushkin Press 2022 **** 1/2 (4.5 stars) What I enjoy most about Blackwood's stories is the eerie (1), Duncan Tonatiuh (1), this is an author you may enjoy. He is a master and one of the best horror writers ever. (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Aug 28, 2017
- Real Name
- Dorie Koch
- About Me
- My friends call me a bookaholic, and I agree. I love libraries, book stores(esp.
Independent or used), thrift stores, and anything book related.I also enjoy cooking and baking, music, walking, cats, jigsaw puzzles, nature, and anything odd, offbeat, mystical or mysterious.
- Desert Hot Springs, California
- Also On
- Autors preferits
- Cesar Aira, Alison Bechdel, Taylor Brooke, Octavia E. Butler, Lewis Carroll, Becky Chambers, London Clarke, Kimberly Dark, Philip K. Dick, Isabelle Eberhardt, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Melanie Golding, Rachel Kushner, Violette Leduc, Sinclair Lewis, Kate Mascarenhas, Daphne du Maurier, Seanan McGuire, Ottessa Moshfegh, Haruki Murakami, Stacy Pershall, Sylvia Plath, Bob Proehl, Arthur Rimbaud, Krysten Ritter, Lisa See, Mary Shelley, Patti Smith, Vladimir Sorokin, Magda Szabó, Mark Twain, Brady Udall, Ron Yates
- Favorite Lists
- 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die, Best Contemporary Literary Fiction (Around the Last 30 Years), Classics you know you should have read but probably haven't, Favourite Virago Modern Classics, The Guardian's 1000 Novels Everyone Must Read, In and About the 1920s, LGBTQ+ Speculative Fiction, LibraryThingers' 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die, Recommended Horror and Dark Fiction by Women
- Biblioteca interessant
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.