- nonfiction (330), fiction (151), psychology (96), sociology (91), women's studies (79), philosophy (73), mental illness (57), psychiatry (50), medicine (49), memoir (44), depression (42), classic (40), sexuality (31), gender studies (31), cookbook (30), LGBTQ (23), textbook (21), poetry (21), poetic (20), history (18), duras (16), neurology (16), the body (15), worldlit (15), anthology (15), connections (14), winterson (12), religion (12), LT-ER (11), culture (10), love (9), adoption (8), coming of age (8), mania (8), america (8), latino studies (8), biology (7), baby (7), seal press (7), parenting (7), physics (7), drug use (6), chile (6), foucault (6), woolf (6), essays (6), tech (6), writing (6), illness (6), trauma (6), science (6), play (5), feminism (5), work (5), men (5), political (5), postmodern (4), social work (4), amy tan (4), suicide (4), art (4), mothers (4), language (4), pregnancy (4), zen (3), oral history (3), homeless (3), urban studies (3), morrison (3), genet (3), favorite (3), greg bottoms (3), allende (3), gifts (2), chilean adoptees (2), adoptee (2), adoptee led narratives (2), music (2), transnational adoption (2), osacks (2), YA (2), women's history (2), food (2), yay area (1), child trafficking (1), librarian memoirs (1), the future is now (1), not a fan (1), peru (1), men in lit (1), maker life (1), children of silence (1), community guides (1), ny (1), oakland (1), cognitive sci (1), death (1), orphan life (1), GLBTQ (1), international adoption (1), evolution (1), teenage (1), abuse (1), vampires (1), non-fiction (1), historical (1), travel (1), academia (1), bipolar (1), economics (1), personality (1), alcohol (1), disability studies (1), memoirs (1), bay area (1), women's travel (1), business (1), anatomy (1), sustainability (1), literature (1), virgins (1), child development (1), nonfction (1), non fiction (1), nonfictions (1), civic engagement (1), technology (1), francophone (1), stream (1), peruvian adoptees (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Sep 19, 2008
- Real Name
- This is a complicated question.
- About My Library
- 2023 Update: My library has followed me for the past 15 years through infinite relationships, innumerable long distance moves and probably 50 versions of who I thought I should be or could have been. It remains the most enduring representation of my interests in the stories of others for our time on this space rock.
LT-ER Tag = Book featured on/or obtained through the Early Reviewer program.
- About Me
- "It's an odd thing, but anyone who disappears is said to be seen in San Francisco. It must be a delightful city and possess all the attractions of the next world.” ― Oscar Wilde
"When I think of heaven (Deliver me in a black-winged bird)
I think of flying down into a sea of pens and feathers and
All other instruments of faith and sex and God in the belly of a black winged bird."-Counting Crows
"She had an avidity for the forbidden wordsymbols; an insatiable appetite for the sound of them on his tongue and her own. She revealed the terrible and impersonal curiosity of a child about forbidden subjects and objects; that rapt and tireless and detached interest of a surgeon in the physical bodies and its possibilities."- William Faulkner
I've found a new quote from browsing LibraryThing that I feel applies:
“My library is not a single beast but a composite of many others, a fantastic animal made up of the several libraries built and then abandoned, over and over again, throughout my life. I can’t remember a time in which I didn’t have a library of some sort. The present one is a sort of multilayered autobiography, each book holding the moment in which I opened it for the first time. The scribbles on the margins, the occasional date on the flyleaf, the faded bus ticket marking a page for a reason today mysterious, all try to remind me of who I was then. For the most part, they fail. My memory is less interested in me than in my books, and I find it easier to remember the story read once than the young man who then read it.”
- SF, CA
- Ara mateix l'estic llegint
- Autors preferits
- Isabel Allende, Natalie Angier, Kate Bornstein, E. E. Cummings, Marguerite Duras, Barbara Ehrenreich, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Michel Foucault, Jean Genet, James Gleick, Ernest Hemingway, Kay Redfield Jamison, Barbara Kingsolver, James Howard Kunstler, Wally Lamb, Toni Morrison, Chuck Palahniuk, Sylvia Plath, Robert D. Putnam, Anne Rice, Hubert Selby Jr., Leonard Shlain, Amy Tan, Michelle Tea, Alvin Toffler, Michael Ventura, Jeanette Winterson, Virginia Woolf
pensivepoet ha valorat i afegit:
- Biblioteca interessant
- ablachly, alceinwdld, AnarchoHermetica, angelrose, angrystarlyt, anotherpanacea, atbradley, bellaluna, BellyandKill, benruth, BettcherForrest, bitchlibrary, bluebrarian, bookety, bribrick, brookswhite, canvasinstitute, CarolynJean, CountrysideMidwives, cruciverb, EAG, efeltonf, Eramirez156, feministmama, hospiceofspokane, humaazul, ifjuly, ItalCulturalCenter, jadler, jimweatherall, joeclark, kageeh, kawilliams, kittentheverb, kleahey, klorio, Leel, luciarux, lygeiagrace, MarshfieldClinic, mattpants, MDGentleReader, Meleos, Midwives-Nottawasaga, moomin, msrmoyet, petite_tragedy, philmebert, pilarvm, poeticmedic, Randy_Hierodule, red_dirt_grrl, regionslibrary, researchgirl, rolandperkins, rpeckham, seite, suitling, susiebright, sylphette, tarastar, TheLittleSchoolSF, thewordygecko, thomas_and_ed, triggxr, TrishNYC, wildrrrumpus, WVMineWarsMuseum, zomgpwnbbq
Aquest lloc utilitza galetes per a oferir els nostres serveis, millorar el desenvolupament, per a anàlisis i (si no has iniciat la sessió) per a publicitat. Utilitzant LibraryThing acceptes que has llegit i entès els nostres Termes de servei i política de privacitat. L'ús que facis del lloc i dels seus serveis està subjecte a aquestes polítiques i termes.