- Totes les col·leccions (8,398), La teva biblioteca (7,796), Ebooks (3,847), Scanned (2,481), Alt-Scans (338), Audiobooks (1,443), Videos (25), ToScan (13), To Sell (15), Llegit, però no el tinc (423), Llegint actualment (339), Per llegir (4,805), KU Office (206), BOX K01 (21), BOX K06 (14), BOX K13 HC SCIFI (21), BOX K14 NOSCAN (46), Lock Haven (1), MIA (5), BOX11 (1), McGraw-Hill Sucks (26), NOSCAN (171), Loaned (1), Preferits (81), Llista de desitjos (34)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- BookCrossers, Books that made me think, Connecticut Nutmeggers, Ebook, Economics, Erotica, Evolve!, genderqueer, Hogwarts Express, I heart metadata, I Survived the Great Vowel Shift, Mathematics, Mises Circle, Neuroscience, Poetry Fool, Purely Programmers, Science Fiction Fans, Secret Masters, Sufism, technoculture, Used Books, Zen
- S'ha unit
- Oct 6, 2005
- Real Name
- Rob Szarka
- About My Library
- I've managed to catalog almost all my physical books, & most of the ebooks, too. I'm currently trying to scan all my print books to PDF, but I've reached the point where it's difficult to let go of more.
Special tags I'm using:
"____ library" (borrowed from ____ library),
"nae" ("not actual edition"),
"blewmymind" (books that gave my head a good shake at some point in my life), and
"BOX1", "BOX2", etc. (no room for these on the shelves).
Yes, I have that many books in progress at one time (sometimes for years); I like to nibble on a large buffet of books, and sometimes I just get stalled at some point. Fiction and poetry I tend to zoom right through, though. Most of my "Read but unowned" books are fairly recent; cataloging all the books I've ever read is a Sisyphean task even I'm not crazy enough to undertake!
Want to make a book cover mosaic like the one in my profile? Look here: http://www.librarything.com/blog/2007/01/you-are-what-you-read.php
- About Me
- Geek, DJ, Once & Future Economist
I joined LibraryThing for the chicks.
- Lawrence, KS, US
- Pàgina d'inici
- Also On
- Ara mateix l'estic llegint
- Spam Kings: The Real Story behind the High-Rolling Hucksters Pushing Porn, Pills, and %*@)# Enlargements de Brian S. McWilliamsBubblegum Music Is the Naked Truth: The Dark History of Prepubescent Pop, from the Banana Splits to Britney Spears de Kim CooperThinking in Jazz : The Infinite Art of Improvisation (Chicago Studies in Ethnomusicology Series) de Paul F. BerlinerThe Evolution of Useful Things: How Everyday Artifacts—From Forks and Pins to Paper Clips and Zippers—Came to Be as They Are de Henry PetroskiEarly Downhome Blues: A Musical and Cultural Analysis (Cultural Studies of the United States) de Jeff Todd TitonStorming the Reality Studio : a casebook of cyberpunk and postmodern science fiction de Larry McCafferyAwareness Through Movement: Easy-to-Do Health Exercises to Improve Your Posture, Vision, Imagination, and Personal Aware de Moshe FeldenkraisThe Mystery of Capital: Why Capitalism Triumphs in the West and Fails Everywhere Else de Hernando de SotoA Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World (Princeton Economic History of the Western World) de Gregory ClarkI Love It When You Talk Retro: Hoochie Coochie, Double Whammy, Drop a Dime, and the Forgotten Origins of American Speech de Ralph KeyesSocial Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy: Lord and Peasant in the Making of the Modern World de Barrington MooreHayek's serfdom revisited : essays by economists, philosophers and political scientists on The road to serfdom after 40 years de Norman P. BarryThe European Miracle: Environments, Economies and Geopolitics in the History of Europe and Asia de Eric JonesBailout: An Inside Account of How Washington Abandoned Main Street While Rescuing Wall Street de Neil BarofskyAffluence and Influence: Economic Inequality and Political Power in America (Russell Sage Foundation Copub) de Martin GilensEconomic Freedom and Interventionism (Lib Works Ludwig Von Mises) (Lib Works Ludwig Von Mises PB) de Ludwig von MisesAfter War: The Political Economy of Exporting Democracy (Stanford Economics and Finance) de Christopher J. CoyneThe Dynamics of Intervention: Regulation and Redistribution in the Mixed Economy, Volume 8 (Advances in Austrian Economics) de Peter Kurrild-KlitgaardDoing Our Own Thing: The Degradation of Language and Music and Why We Should, Like, Care de John McWhorterOld English and Its Closest Relatives: A Survey of the Earliest Germanic Languages de Orrin RobinsonThe Fortunes of Liberalism: Essays on Austrian Economics and the Ideal of Freedom (Collected Works of F. A. Hayek) de F. A. HayekMan and Society: In an Age of Reconstruction: Studies in Modern Social Structure (Harvest Book) de Karl MannheimDamned Lies and Statistics: Untangling Numbers from the Media, Politicians, and Activists de Joel BestMasters of the Universe: Hayek, Friedman, and the Birth of Neoliberal Politics de Daniel Stedman JonesPerfect Competition and the Transformation of Economics (Routledge Foundations of the Market Economy) de Frank MachovecCounterfactuals and Causal Inference: Methods and Principles for Social Research (Analytical Methods for Social Research) de Stephen L. MorganHow Adam Smith Can Change Your Life: An Unexpected Guide to Human Nature and Happiness de Russ RobertsDataclysm: Love, Sex, Race, and Identity--What Our Online Lives Tell Us about Our Offline Selves de Christian RudderRegulation and Economic Analysis: A Critique over Two Centuries (Topics in Regulatory Economics and Policy) de Richard L. GordonIntegrity and Agreement: Economics When Principles Also Matter (Economics, Cognition, and Society) de Alanson MinklerThe Sovereign State and Its Competitors: An Analysis of Systems Change (Princeton Studies in International History and Politics) de Hendrik SpruytSeeing Like a State: How Certain Schemes to Improve the Human Condition Have Failed de James C. ScottThe Truth Matters: A Citizen's Guide to Separating Facts from Lies and Stopping Fake News in Its Tracks de Bruce BartlettThe Life of the Mind: The Groundbreaking Investigation on How We Think (Combined 2 Volumes in 1) de Hannah ArendtVintage Tomorrows: A Historian and a Futurist Journey Through Steampunk Into the Future of Technology de James H. CarrottHow to Have a Good Day: Harness the Power of Behavioral Science to Transform Your Working Life de Caroline WebbThe Skyscraper Curse: And How Austrian Economist Predicted Every Major Economic Crisis of the Last Century de Mark ThorntonAccounting Quickstart Guide: The Simplified Beginners Guide to Real-world Financial & Managerial Accounting for Students, Small Business Owners, and Finance Professionals de Josh BauerleTools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers de Timothy Ferriss52 Small Changes for the Mind: Improve Memory * Minimize Stress * Increase Productivity * Boost Happiness de Brett BlumenthalAn Introduction to Information Theory: Symbols, Signals and Noise (Dover Books on Mathematics) de John R. PierceGambling with Other People's Money: How Perverse Incentives Caused the Financial Crisis de Russ RobertsHow Privatized Banking Really Works: Integrating Austrian Economics with the Infinite Banking Concept de L. Carlos LaraPublic Debt as a Form of Public Finance: Overcoming a Category Mistake and its Vices (Elements in Austrian Economics) de Richard E. WagnerGerman Short Stories For Beginners: 20 Captivating Short Stories To Learn German & Grow Your Vocabulary The Fun Way! (Easy German Stories) de Lingo MasteryExploding the Phone: The Untold Story of the Teenagers and Outlaws who Hacked Ma Bell de Phil LapsleyInside Job: The Looting of America's Savings and Loans (Forbidden Bookshelf Book 16) de Stephen PizzoPass the SIE: A Plain English Explanation to Help You Pass the Securities Industry Essentials Exam de Robert WalkerSecurities Industry Essentials Examination Course de Securities and Insurance Training For Exam SuccessThe Bank On Yourself Revolution: Fire Your Banker, Bypass Wall Street, and Take Control of Your Own Financial Future de Pamela YellenThe economics of illusion; a critical analysis of contemporary economic theory and policy de L. Albert HahnLiberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning de Jonah GoldbergI Will Teach You Excel: Master Excel, surpass your co-workers, and impress your boss! de Joel VillarHow to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking – for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers de Sönke AhrensUniversity of Berkshire Hathaway: 30 Years of Lessons Learned from Warren Buffett & Charlie Munger at the Annual Shareholders Meeting de Daniel PécautComplete Beowulf - Old English Text, Translations and Dual Text (Illustrated) (Delphi Poets Series Book 48) de AnonymousPayments Systems in the U.S. - Third Edition: A Guide for the Payments Professional de Carol Coye BensonForgotten English: A Merry Guide to Antiquated Words, Packed with History, Fun Facts, Literary Excerpts, and Charming Drawings de Jeffrey KacirkPimsleur German Level 5 Lessons 1-5: Learn to Speak and Understand German with Pimsleur Language Programs de Pimsleur50 Secrets of the Longest Living People With Diabetes (Marlowe Diabetes Library) de Sheri R. ColbergOut of the Ether: The Amazing Story of Ethereum and the $55 Million Heist That Almost Destroyed It All de Matthew LeisingMastering the Lightning Network: A Second Layer Blockchain Protocol for Instant Bitcoin Payments de Andreas M. AntonopoulosHow to Get Dressed: A Costume Designer's Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit, and Feel Amazing de Alison FreerHow to Teach Anything: Break Down Complex Topics and Explain with Clarity, While Keeping Engagement and Motivation (Learning how to Learn Book 5) de Peter HollinsAustrian Perspectives on Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Organization (Elements in Business Strategy) de Nicolai J. FossBlack Liberation Through the Marketplace: Hope, Heartbreak, and the Promise of America de Marcus M. WitcherThe Accounting Game: Learn the Basics of Financial Accounting - As Easy as Running a Lemonade Stand (Basics for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners) de Darrell Mullis
- Autors preferits
- Nizametdin Achmetov, Douglas Adams, Armen Albert Alchian, Abdul Alhazred, John Barnes, Gary S. Becker, Samuel Bowles, Susie Bright, James M. Buchanan, John Cage, Lewis Carroll, G. K. Chesterton, Ronald H. Coase, Greg Egan, David D. Friedman, Milton Friedman, R. Buckminster Fuller, Herbert Gintis, Ted Gioia, F. A. Hayek, Robert A. Heinlein, Frank Herbert, Douglas R. Hofstadter, Julian Jaynes, Marshall Jevons, Brian W. Kernighan, Israel M. Kirzner, Frank H. Knight, Richard N. Langlois, Don Lavoie, Steven Levy, C. S. Lewis, Spencer Heath MacCallum, Anne McCaffrey, Deirdre N. McCloskey, Ludwig Von Mises, Malcolm Muggeridge, Pablo Neruda, Murray Rothbard, J. K. Rowling, Adam Smith, John Maynard Smith, Neal Stephenson, Bruce Sterling, George J. Stigler, Wisława Szymborska, Alan Watts, Lawrence H. White, Robert Anton Wilson, Charles Yu, Frank Zappa, Roger Zelazny
- Preferits locals
Llibreries: Bank Square Books, Book Barn Midtown, Montague Bookmill, Raven Used Book Shop (Northampton, MA), Strand Bookstore, The Book Barn, The Book Barn Downtown, The Dusty Bookshelf, UConn Co-op Bookstore
Biblioteques: Connecticut Judicial Branch Main Library, Edwin H. Land Library (Norwich Free Academy Library), Homer Babbidge Library (University of Connecticut Main Library), L. Eugene Smith Library - Eastern Connecticut State University, Otis Library, University of Kansas Libraries
- Interesting Library
- Adaptive_Agent, adulau, alexisonzen, amurrayw, andreaLDN, AnnShirley, aquaticus, arongahagan, AsYouKnow_Bob, axarca, bertilak, birch, bluewoad, brent_williams, brewbooks, brieflylost, bruce_krafft, btball, C.S._Lewis, carlo_alberto, Cascadian, ccatalfo, CEI, cem, CharlesKochInstitute, chellerystick, Cicero, cirdan747, CitizenClark, clockerb, cshalizi, csmalibrary, DarkWaters1, daustgreen, dean, DGMorrison, doogiewray, doughall, draganigajic, Dymaxion, econv, Edgar.Ramirez, edgewood, eingang, engelcox, Eumenides, ExplorersFoundation, falwex, firstcitybook, FrancoisTremblay, frink, gsatell, ibinu, IHS_Library65, jahn, jessamyn, jessfraz, Jetton, jgwithrow, jimbo435, JiminOttawa, jmmason, john.burrows, joshuagomez, jriggenbach, jrnold, jsbarry, jtlevy, jwalser, KevinEldon, knol, konradlischka, kyle8080, lawecon, LibertyFund, LibrarianLawrence, LMClibrary, mack23, Macspee, markell, MARSlibrary, merckat, mfd101, MichaelAScott, mindspillage, Miro, modernwayofknowing, morville, ndsnow, nickadams, Nostrand, octal, patwagner, PedrBran, pedrofig, phdwiz, philipanderson, PortiaLong, princemuchao, ricgerace, ringthebell, robmickey, RogerReam, RonManners, rwhe, safexharbour, Sal_Paradise, sbnicar, schoen, ServusLibri, sjerk, SnootyBaronet, susiebright, SuzieHouston, tamaranth, tcg17321, technopolitics, techstep, teewillis1981, TerenceKempMcKenna, ThomasJefferson, ThufirHawat, tln, TomSlee, trueshrew, UMichFosterLibrary, vineetsky, WalkerPercy, waltergrinder, wirkman, Wolcott37, zvr