- La teva biblioteca (7,108)
- fiction (2,392), mystery (1,359), noir (821), blues (608), folk (547), cinema (442), country (396), rock (246), bluegrass (216), folk rock (208), celtic (205), gothic (189), jazz (121), japan (99), horror (97), fantasy (89), poetry (87), latin (76), zydeco (66), art (66), cajun (61), comic (59), french (52), soul (50), sci-fi (45), flamenco (45), acoustic guitar (41), documentary (39), nuevo flamenco (38), alt country (38), blues rock (36), world (35), tv (33), gospel (28), reggae (27), russian (27), soundtrack (23), play (23), gypsy (23), fusion (20), essays (18), guitar (17), humor (16), r&b (15), film noir (14), country rock (13), erotica (13), classical (13), germany (12), flamenco nuevo (12), italy (12), new age (12), world music (11), brit (11), bio (10), bbc (10), france (10), polish (10), irish (10), plays (9), spain (9), chill (9), folk blues (9), tv series (9), lit crit (8), psychedelic rock (8), mexico (8), hungary (8), gypsy jazz (7), rockabilly (7), banjo (7), brazil (7), modern classical (6), memoir (6), slide guitar (6), drugs (6), non-fiction (6), essay (6), salsa (6), hashish (6), klezmer (6), india (6), oldies (6), short stories (5), comedy (5), indian (5), photo (5), middle eastern (5), figure drawing (5), western swing (5), fiddle (5), danish (5), china (4), poland (4), hawaii (4), concert (4), canadian (4), czech (4), hash (4), mag (4), film (4), slack key guitar (4), film history (4), peru (4), graphic novel (4), african (4), pot (3), acadian (3), harp (3), tex mex (3), marijuana (3), americana (3), BBC tv (3), art history (3), scottish (3), cinema. france (3), chinese (3), cinema. japan (3), classical jazz fusion (3), canada (3), letters (3), chillout (3), sweden (3), dogma (3), autobio (3), africa (3), cuba (2), celtc (2), electro (2), el mondao (2), fplk (2), hawaiian guitar (2), slack key (2), country blues (2), thai (2), greece (2), surrealism (2), gypsy fusion (2), latin jazz (2), electronica (2), russia (2), piano (2), korea (2), arabian (2), cello (2), philosophy (2), politics (2), pulp (2), dutch (2), german (2), prose (2), satire (2), symbolism (2), arabic (2), collage (2), animation (2), documentaries (2), hawaiian (2), french-canadian (2), silent comedy (1), autobiographical articles (1), r and b (1), fok (1), samba (1), bues (1), jack ingram (1), soca (1), electro swing (1), lit characters (1), vampires (1), biography (1), alt folk rock (1), fiction. gothic (1), pop (1), diary (1), taiwan (1), Soundtrack (1), Salsa (1), pink (1), German (1), stereo views (1), dobro (1), lettters (1), auto bio (1), R & B (1), kief (1), pc game (1), acoustic blues (1), celic (1), tejano (1), fiction gothic (1), extracts (1), cinema documentary (1), cinena (1), cajun rock (1), cajun zydeco (1), electro klezmer (1), cherish the ladies (1), dvd (1), acoustic jazz guitar (1), acoustic classical guitar (1), female guitarists (1), forever changing (1), british (1), jazz classical fusion (1), cerltic (1), FOLK ROCK (1), acousic guitar (1), regggae (1), New Edge (1), Acoustic Thrash (1), Deep Tissue Gladiator Guitar (1), Heavy Mental (1), buegrass (1), tex.mex (1), latin tango (1), Savage Myth Guitar (1), backup singers (1), sci fi (1), ginseng (1), soui (1), folk rock+ (1), art. art history. latin (1), cinema. spain (1), fairy tales (1), film crit (1), photography (1), sitar (1), spies (1), roots (1), humor? (1), clasical (1), Celtic (1), jazz fusion (1), japanese (1), tango (1), journalism (1), tribal (1), vietnam (1), instruction (1), auto-bio (1), cumbia (1), east bay (1), doc (1), silent (1), cartoons (1), mandolin (1), cape verde (1), calypso (1), lit bio (1), rome (1), claasical (1), roc (1), jazz guitar (1), reviews (1), pop rock (1), rumba (1), indian culture (1), dictionary (1), memorabilia (1), arab (1), doo wop (1), experimental (1), electronic (1), latin america (1), iran (1), portugal (1), romanticism (1), western (1), natural history (1), manga (1), short story (1), psychology (1), english (1), 19th c. (1), classical guitar (1), persian (1), BBC (1), austria (1), eastern europe (1), central america (1), Alec Guinness (1), mambo (1), cuban (1), newage (1), south korea (1), bolivia (1), iceland (1), mexican (1), columbian (1), finnish (1), chile (1), egypt (1), belgium (1), documentry (1)
- Núvol d'etiquetes, Núvol d'autors, Mirall d'etiquetes
- S'ha unit
- Aug 8, 2007
- Real Name
- About My Library
Fiction, poetry, art, 19th and early 20th century gothic, noir, mysteries
Death isn't dressed up for halloween
in a long black cape with a scythe.
He comes in the wee hours,
on a fire truck, it's engine rumbling,
the siren off.
"It was in a transient hotel, recently, that I saw myself again, shut up in a room, immobilized, not daring to go out at all. Where else would I have hidden myself except in one of these hotels of the basest order, among other anonymous clients of the night? There, passing many nights and days, lying in wait, watching, fully clothed, from behind a door or, at the slightest noise, taking flight over the rooftops, I had been terribly afraid, and I couldn't shake the impression that I stayed there for centuries, perhaps, or that I had successively exhausted several existences which had yielded nothing but poisons to glut a trough already sloshing with disgust, shame, and desolation."
trans. Gilbert Alter-Gilbert
"In a few minutes, my companions began to disappear one after the other, leaving nothing but their shadows on the wall by which they were soon absorbed, much as the brown stains made by the water on the sand disappear as they dry."
The Club of Assassins
trans. Maurice Stang
"It is what Orientals call "kief" - it is the absolute of happiness. The characteristics of vortex and tumultuousness have gone. It is a calm and frozen beatitude. Every philosophical problem has been solved. All the knotty questions with which theologians have battled and which are the despair of thinking humanity have become pellucid, limpid. Every contradiction is now an identity. Man is a god."
Wine and Hashish
If, after living an unclouded day-to-day existence together for many years, two spouses looked closely at each other, if they looked deep into each other, they would find - they were bound to find - two strangers separated by a thousand trivialities, a thousand tiny lies, a thousand insignificant disloyalties. Their souls never really knew each other, however sincerely they believed in their friendship and their love.
In normal life, friendship is nothing but a false idea, a convention we gradually grow accustomed to. And love ... that was just sundry fragments taken from cheap literature mixed together with a few clammy pleasures to liven up the cliche' and anoint it with tawdriness.
- Mario de Sa-Carneiro
"Mystery" from "The Great Shadow"
trans. M. J. Costa
The dead die hard, they are tresspassers on the beyond, they must take the place as they find it, the shafts and manholes back into the muck, till such time as the lord of the manor incurs through his long acquiescence a duty of care in respect of them.
The Song of Wandering Aengus
By William Butler Yeats
I went out to the hazel wood,
Because a fire was in my head,
And cut and peeled a hazel wand,
And hooked a berry to a thread;
And when white moths were on the wing,
And moth-like stars were flickering out,
I dropped the berry in a stream
And caught a little silver trout.
When I had laid it on the floor
I went to blow the fire a-flame,
But something rustled on the floor,
And someone called me by my name:
It had become a glimmering girl
With apple blossom in her hair
Who called me by my name and ran
And faded through the brightening air.
Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done,
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow; I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone;
And all I loved, I loved alone.
Then, in my childhood, in the dawn
Of a most stormy life was drawn
From every depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still:
From the torrent, or the fountain,
From the red cliff of the mountain,
From the sun that round me rolled
In its autumn tint of gold,
From the lightning in the sky
As it passed me flying by,
From the thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.
Edgar Allan Poe
- Autors preferits
- Kōbō Abe, Abraham Merritt, Sanford Aday, Charles Addams, Anna Akhmatova, Nelson Algren, Margery Allingham, Robert Edmond Alter, Edward Anderson, Leonid Andreyev, Guillaume Apollinaire, Roberto Arlt, Margaret Atwood, W. H. Auden, Mariano Azuela, Isaac Babel, Djuna Barnes, Charles Baudelaire, Georg Büchner, Charles Beaumont, Samuel Beckett, Marc Behm, E. F. Benson, Cyrano de Bergerac, John Berryman, Ambrose Bierce, Earl Derr Biggers, Algernon Blackwood, Giovanni Boccaccio, Jorge Luis Borges, Adolphe-William Bouguereau, Paul Bowles, Leigh Brackett, Charles Brockden Brown, Howard Browne, Fredric Brown, Valery Bryusov, Charles Bukowski, Mikhail Bulgakov, Edward Bunker, Luis Buñuel, James Lee Burke, W. R. Burnett, Edgar Rice Burroughs, James M. Cain, Albert Camus, Francis Carco, John le Carré, John Dickson Carr, Joyce Cary, Louis-Ferdinand Céline, Blaise Cendrars, Robert William Chambers, Raymond Chandler, James Hadley Chase, G. K. Chesterton, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, John Collier, Joseph Conrad, Robin Cook, Tristan Corbière, Peter Corris, Albert Cossery, Edmund Crispin, Robert Crumb, Géza Csáth, E. E. Cummings, Roald Dahl, Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly, Samuel R. Delany, Joan Didion, Garry Disher, Edward Dmytryk, Pietro di Donato, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Arthur Conan Doyle, Friedrich Dürrenmatt, Lord Dunsany, Loren C. Eiseley, Lotte Eisner, Guy Endore, Ernst Lubitsch, Max Ernst, M. Fagyas, John Fante, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, Richard Fariña, Claude Farrère, William Faulkner, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Bruno Fischer, Gustave Flaubert, Ford Madox Ford, Karin Fossum, Nicolas Freeling, Max Frisch, Carlos Fuentes, Jacques Futrelle, Elena Garro, Théophile Gautier, Michael Gilbert, Friedrich Glauser, Nikolai Gogol, Witold Gombrowicz, David Goodis, Maxim Gorky, Ed Gorman, Laurence Gough, Stefan Grabiński, Julien Gracq, Günter Grass, Graham Greene, F. L. Green, William Lindsay Gresham, Davis Grubb, Frank Gruber, Robert van Gulik, Dashiell Hammett, Knut Hamsun, William Fryer Harvey, John Hawkes, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Mo Hayder, Lafcadio Hearn, Ṣādiq Hidāyat, O. Henry, George Herriman, Georg Heym, Patricia Highsmith, Tony Hillerman, Reginald Hill, Chester Himes, William Hope Hodgson, E. T. A. Hoffmann, James Hogg, Marty Holland, Geoffrey Homes, Robert E. Howard, Dorothy B. Hughes, Joris-Karl Huysmans, Paco Ignacio Taibo II, Arnaldur Indridason, Michael Innes, Robert Irwin, Kyoka Izumi, M. R. James, P. D. James, Sébastien Japrisot, Alfred Jarry, Charlotte Jay, Ismaîl Kadaré, Franz Kafka, Stuart M. Kaminsky, Frank Kane, Yasunari Kawabata, Walt Kelly, Gerald Kersh, Uel Key, Danilo Kiš, Ivan Klima, Ladislav Klíma, Joseph Koenig, Arthur Koestler, Tadeusz Konwicki, Tom Kromer, Milan Kundera, Aleksandr Kuprin, Hugh Lamb, Fritz Lang, Daniel J. Langton, Jonathan Latimer, Comte de Lautréamont, Paul Leppin, Mikhail Lermontov, Nikolai Leskov, Michael Z. Lewin, Wyndham Lewis, Auguste Villiers de l'Isle-Adam, Federico García Lorca, H. P. Lovecraft, Malcolm Lowry, Fitz Hugh Ludlow, John Lutz, Arthur Lyons, Arthur Machen, George Mandel, Osip Mandelstam, Henning Mankell, Thomas Mann, Javier Marías, Dan J. Marlowe, Gabriel García Márquez, Don Marquis, Juan Marsé, Charles Robert Maturin, W. Somerset Maugham, Guy de Maupassant, James McClure, Horace McCoy, William P. McGivern, A. Merritt, W. S. Merwin, Gustav Meyrink, Henry Miller, Whit Masterson, Henry de Montherlant, Alberto Moravia, Bassett Morgan, L.A. Morse, Walter Mosley, Mohammed Mrabet, Bharati Mukherjee, Talbot Mundy, Vladimir Nabokov, Natsume Sōseki, Richard Neely, Pablo Neruda, Gérard de Nerval, Håkan Nesser, Helen Nielsen, Anaïs Nin, Jim Nisbet, Joyce Carol Oates, Yuri Olesha, George Orwell, Orhan Pamuk, Mervyn Peake, Leo Perutz, Ugo Pirro, Sylvia Plath, Edgar Allan Poe, Jan Potocki, Anthony Powell, Richard S. Prather, Maurice Procter, Peter Rabe, Raymond Radiguet, Edogawa Rampo, Ian Rankin, Derek Raymond, Ruth Rendell, Rainer Maria Rilke, Arthur Rimbaud, Willard Robertson, Raymond Roussel, Juan Rulfo, Salman Rushdie, Mário de Sá-Carneiro, Saki, J. D. Salinger, James Sallis, Maurice Sandoz, Arthur Schnitzler, Bruno Schulz, Hubert Selby Jr., Alan Sillitoe, Georges Simenon, Dan Simmons, George Sims, May Sinclair, Maj Sjöwall, Josef Škvorecký, Clark Ashton Smith, Hajime Sorayama, Gary Soto, Terry Southern, John Steinbeck, Stendahl, Francis Stevens, Robert Louis Stevenson, Wallace Stevens, Theodore Sturgeon, Algernon Charles Swinburne, János Szász, Antal Szerb, Dennis Tafoya, Paco Ignacio Taibo, Jun'ichirō Tanizaki, Andrei Sinyavsky, Josephine Tey, Dylan Thomas, Jim Thompson, Masako Togawa, John Kennedy Toole, Roland Topor, Georg Trakl, B. Traven, Akinari Ueda, Arthur Upfield, Nanos Valaoritis, François Villon, Elio Vittorini, Kurt Vonnegut, Per Wahlöö, H. Russell Wakefield, Evelyn Waugh, Frank Wedekind, Donald E. Westlake, Nathanael West, Janwillem van de Wetering, Edward Lucas White, Lionel White, Harry Whittington, Oscar Wilde, Charles Willeford, Charles Williams, Tennessee Williams, William Carlos Williams, Robert Wilson, Cornell Woolrich, William Butler Yeats, Yevgeny Zamyatin, Émile Zola, Mikhail Zoshchenko
- Favorite Lists
- Preferits locals
Llibreries: City Lights Books, Moe's Books, Seite Books, Shakespeare & Co. Books
- Biblioteca interessant
- 50Watts, absurdeist, AmaliaZeKhat, ariesblue, bcstoneb, Bigt0897, bks1953, bookstopshere, catmeyoo, comsat38, Crypto-Willobie, DavidX, dcozy, drippingwords, flashflood42, gentlemania, hawelka, HectorSwell, hobus, Id1, keith418, KoobieKitten, LizzieD, LudicDespair, malinablue, mariamontgomery, marietherese, marxones, michaelstevens, MicheleBW, msjohns615, mylittleyellowshoe, mysticskeptic, nemoman, pagesturned, phillipsccw, Pitoucat, poempire, polutropos, portfinks, Praj05, Quixada, Randy_Hierodule, seawerth, slickdpdx, socialradnar, SomeGuyInVirginia, songx, srfudji, sriq, stellarexplorer, urania1, vaniamk13, veilofisis, VolupteFunebre, Winter_Maiden, zenomax