hdc vs 1001 children's books
Afegeix-te a LibraryThing per participar.
Aquest tema està marcat com "inactiu": L'últim missatge és de fa més de 90 dies. Podeu revifar-lo enviant una resposta.
But anyway, these at least:
61. Moomin, Myble and Little My
89. Father Christmas
93. Uppo the Bear
97. The Snowman
169. The Emperor's New Clothes
170. The Little Mermaid
171. The Ugly Duckling
234. Little Nicholas
246. The Black Smurfs
383. Arabian Nights
398. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
412. The Happy Prince
417. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
429. Arsene Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar
430. The Wonderful Adventures of Nils
445. Tintin in the Land of Soviets
446. Emil and the Detectives
467. The Hobbit
471. The Sword in the Stone
480. Five on a Treasure Island
488. Lucky Luke - Arizona 1880
499. Finn Family Moomintroll
503. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
508. Prince Caspian
510. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
532. Mort and Phil
540. Asterix the Gaul
554. The Seasons in the City
557. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
563. The Book of Three
579. The Wizard of Earthsea
591. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
593. Wateship Down
599. The Brothers Lionheart
623. Ronia, the Robber's Daughter
627. When the Wind Blows
662. Haroun and the Sea of Stories
685. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
696. A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning
697. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
701. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
734. The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen
743. Journey to the Centre of the Earth
745. Little Women
746. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
748. Around the World in 80 Days
749. Heidi's Wandering and Learning Years
797. The Cloven Viscount
799. Fahrenheit 451
801. The Fellowship of the Ring
802. Lord of the Flies
810. The Baron in the Trees
818. The Nonexistant Knight
824. A Wrinkle in Time
855. The Summer Book
863. The Dark is Rising
886. Neverending Story
894. The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole
982. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
986. The Amulet of Samarkand
66, better than I thought! And considering that i am still missing stuff like Roald Dahl children books, Wind in the Willows and the like, shouldn't be too hard to expand from here...
Starting with Roald Dahl it shouldn't be hard to expand. Good luck!
Moomin, Mymble and Little My
Les schtroumpfs noirs
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Mortadelo y Filemon
When the Wind Blows
The Nonexistent Knight
The Summer Book
Yay, found them all! or almost, couple refuse to show up...
575. From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
And on the side, couple of entries more:
BFG by Dahl I started as a translation but noticed it relies too much on wordplay, I think I'll return to it when I come across a copy in English.
Mary Poppins was interesting. I of course like the movie and the nanny in the book definitely isn't Julie Andrews...but this version was fascinating too.
Pippi Longstockings, a Lindgren book I had somehow missed so far...
The Graveyard Book, a fine novel by Gaiman, possibly his best (compared to his short stories and comics, I have been a bit underwhelmed by his novels though)
Utterly Me, Clarice Bean LMAO
Couple more waiting on my TBR list...
This one put much more emphasis on the ghost story, about a girl who feels a presence of something in a house she lives in, and starts exploring what has happened to a girl living there a long time ago. The amount of weird coincidences this book has is already a good reason to suspect supernatural guidance...
There is also a good amount of exploring the theme of foster care, even while there is little actually wrong with the life of the main character (orphan living with relatives) she still goes through emotions of distance, not really belonging and being but a charity case...
Great book, highly recommended (as is that other Gripe book I mentioned.